ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-nominations]

[gnso-nominations] Forwarded mail from Cary Karp

  • To: <gnso-nominations@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-nominations] Forwarded mail from Cary Karp
  • From: "Bruce Tonkin" <Bruce.Tonkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2005 18:16:06 +1100

-----Original Message-----
From: Cary Karp [mailto:ck@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, 7 March 2005 6:12 PM
To: council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: Bruce Tonkin
Subject: Re: Reminder: nominations are open for the election of ICANN
Board seat #14

Quoting Bruce:

> The first nomination has been received for Michael Palage from Thomas
> Keller.
>
> See: http://forum.icann.org/lists/gnso-nominations/msg00000.html
>
> The nomination needs to be seconded by another GNSO Council member.
>
> The nomination must also be accompanied by a brief description of how
> the candidate meets the selection criteria.

The page at:

> See: http://www.gnso.icann.org/announcements/announcement-18feb05.htm

provides no mechanism for the seconding of a nomination, nor does the
information posted about the current nominee include any description of
how the candidate meets the selection criteria.

Despite my parliamentary puzzlement, on the basis of my personal
cognizance of Mr. Palage's fulfillment of the selection criteria I
hereby second his nomination.

It might be wise, nonetheless, for all of the formal detail necessary to
support this nomination to be posted on the Council's Web site before
the nomination period closes.

/Cary