ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-osc-ccc]

Re: [gnso-osc-ccc] Acronym Helper.

  • To: Kieren McCarthy <kieren.mccarthy@xxxxxxxxx>, Chris Chaplow <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, OSC-Communications Work Team <gnso-osc-ccc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-osc-ccc] Acronym Helper.
  • From: Scott Pinzon <scott.pinzon@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 12:36:00 -0700

Hey K,

The Acronym Helper will be a new feature on the revised GNSO web site.
We consider it a bail-out and a rescue for the reader who is perplexed by all
the acronyms.
The battle of being weened off acronyms needs to happen with the authors of the
documents. Refusing to list an acronym in the Acronym Helper won't nudge
anybody toward anything; it just leaves the confused reader confused.

I intend to populate this thing like mad AND encourage people to minimize their
use of acronyms. Not either/or.... Both/and! :-)
Cheers,
Scott Pinzon
Director, Policy Communications

On 9/30/09 12:25 PM, "Kieren McCarthy" <kieren.mccarthy@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I have added AOC to the Acronym Helper.

Really?

Do we need to call it by an acronym?

What's wrong with just "the affirmation"?

Also I understand that the CEO is considering asking the community what (real)
word they want to use to describe this document - try to ween us off making
everything an acronym

Kieren