ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-osc-csg]

[gnso-osc-csg] Revised: GNSO Constituency/Stakeholder Group Operations Work Team (COT) and SOIs

  • To: "gnso-osc-csg@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-osc-csg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-osc-csg] Revised: GNSO Constituency/Stakeholder Group Operations Work Team (COT) and SOIs
  • From: Glen de Saint Géry <Glen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2009 17:20:08 -0800

Dear All,

Forgive the confusion, but Nick Wood is not on this team. Please find a revised
list.

Please find the GNSO Constituency/Stakeholder Group Operations Work Team (COT)
participants and statements of interest below in alphabetic order.

Krista Papac and Michael Young could you please provide your statements of
interest by COB on Tuesday 10 February 2009.

All statements of interest will be entered on the Wiki
https://st.icann.org/icann-osc/index.cgi?operations_steering_committee_osc

The staff support is Rob Hoggarth and Liz Gasster.

The following participants have not indicated whether they will be attending
the work team meetings in person or remotely in Mexico City. You are encouraged
to respond for planning purposes.

Michael Young - gTLD Registries Constituency
Hector Ariel Manof - Intellectual Property Interests Constituency
Dr. Shahram Soboutipour - individual (Iran)

Remote participation will be arranged and the details will be published shortly.

Thank you very much.
Kind regards,

Glen

GNSO Council Constituency Operations Team (COT)

Olga Cavalli - Nominating Committee Appointe - Interim Chair (Saturday or
Sunday)

Chuck Gomes - gTLD Registries Constituency (Saturday or Sunday)

Zahid Jamil - Commercial and Business Users Constituency (Saturday or Sunday)

S.S. Kshatriya - individual (India) - remote participation

Victoria McEvedy - Intellectual Property Interests Constituency (Saturday or
Sunday)

Hector Ariel Manof - Intellectual Property Interests Constituency  (Argentina)

Krista Papac - Registrar c. * *prefers Sunday meeting

Dr. Shahram Soboutipour - individual (Iran)

Michael Young - gTLD Registries Constituency

Members:
Olga Cavalli - Nominating Committee Appointee - Interim Chair
============================
SOI http://gnso.icann.org/council/soi/cavalli-soi-20nov07.shtml

Chuck Gomes - gTLD Registries Constituency

I am Vice President of Policy and Compliance for VeriSign, Inc.  VeriSign is
the registry operator for the .com, .net and .name gTLDs and also provides
backend registry services in support of Employ Media for the .jobs gTLD.
VeriSign is also the registry operator for two ccTLDs, .cc for the Cocos and
Keelings Islands and .tv for Tuvalu.

As an employee who supports VeriSign's naming services business, I do often
have access to Registry Sensitive information including information about
registrars.  With regard to both our gTLD and ccTLD registration services
businesses as well as other VeriSign businesses, our customers and business
associates have interests in various ICANN policy issues and may be members of
other GNSO constituencies and/or supporting organizations.

In addition to registry agreements with ICANN for .com and .net, VeriSign also
has obligations to the U.S. Department of Commerce through a cooperative
agreement that was initiated in 1993 and has been amended many times since
then.  Those obligations include providing the A and J root servers as well as
support to ICANN in implementing changes in the root zone file.  As such,
VeriSign is a member of the DNS Root Server System Advisory Committee and also
works closely with IANA staff in the processing of root zone changes.

As a representative elected to the GNSO Council by the unsponsored gTLD
registry members of the gTLD Registry Constituency (RyC), I am required by the
Constituency's Articles of Operation to represent the views of those members
and the full Constituency as applicable, not my own or VeriSign's.  In that
regard, I will endeavor to always qualify any personal statements as such and
will follow-up with the RyC to obtain their position.

I own shares of VeriSign stock and hold options to purchase additional shares,
but the amount of shares I currently own plus the potential shares I could
possibly own if I exercised all options is a miniscule number relative to the
total number of VeriSign shares.

Zahid Jamil  -  Commercial and Business Users Constituency
====================
SOI http://gnso.icann.org/council/soi/jamil-soi-28jun08.shtml

SS (Sundar) Kshatriya - Individual
=====================================
1.       Current vocation, employer and position--

Freelance Work. Self-Employed.

2.       Type of work performed in 1 above--

Non-comm work related to ISOC and, research/writing related to History of
Rocketry

3.       Identify any financial ownership or senior management/leadership
interest in registries, registrars or other firms that are interested parties
in ICANN policy or any entity with which ICANN has a transaction, contract, or
other  arrangement--

None

4.       Identify any type of commercial interest in ICANN GNSO policy
development outcomes.  Are you representing other parties?---

None

5.       Describe any arrangements or agreements between you and any other
group, constituency or person(s) regarding your nomination or selection as a
work team member.---

None

Victoria McEvedy - Intellectual Property Interests Constituency

1.       Current vocation, employer and position

Solicitor and Attorney practicing in London, England. The principal of McEvedy
& Associates.

2.       Type of work performed in 1 above
Media and intellectual property law with a particular emphasis on online
content.

3.       Identify any financial ownership or senior management/leadership
interest in registries, registrars or other firms that are      interested
parties in ICANN policy or any entity with which ICANN has a transaction,
contract, or other  arrangement

Nil

4.       Identify any type of commercial interest in ICANN GNSO policy
development outcomes.  Are you representing other parties?
No.

5.       Describe any arrangements or agreements between you and any other
group, constituency or person(s) regarding your nomination or selection as a
work team member.

Member of the IPC.

Hector Ariel Manoff  -  Intellectual Property Interests Constituency

1.      Current vocation, employer and position
IP Attorney at Vitale, Manoff & Feilbogen International Law Firm, Partner.
Member of the Board of ISOC Argentina . I like also Economy, Politics and
Sociolgy

2.      Type of work performed in 1 above
Attorney at Law and member of the board

3.      Identify any financial ownership or senior management/leadership
interest in registries, registrars or other firms that are interested parties
in ICANN policy or any entity with which ICANN has a transaction, contract, or
other  arrangement

I do not have any interest in registries, registrars or other firms in
conflicting interests with ICANN

4.      Identify any type of commercial interest in ICANN GNSO policy
development outcomes.  Are you representing other parties?
I am not representing any type of commercial interest in ICANN GNSO

5.      Describe any arrangements or agreements between you and any other
group, constituency or person(s) regarding your nomination or selection as a
work team member.
I do not have any arrangements or agreements with any other group, constituency
or person regarding my nomination as a work team member

Shahram Soboutipour - Individual
================================

I am Shahram Soboutipour, a former member of GNSO IDN WG.
I have a PhD in Medical Sciences, and currently acting as the CEO of Karmania
Technology Inc, a software development company located in Iran, but have
personal interests in Domain Names Area and ICANN related topics.
I am also a member of the Advisory Council of Public Interest Registry (.ORG)
Participating in global activities in Domain Name Industry and Internet
Governance is my point of interest and due to my 7 year experience in IT field,
and also my academic knowledge, I believe that there might be several aspects
of internet related activities which are still not noted by constituencies.

Interest/Reason  is specifically indicated above in first paragraph.

Glen de Saint Géry
GNSO Secretariat
gnso.secretariat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://gnso.icann.org