ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-osc-csg]

Re: [gnso-osc-csg] Revised GNSO Council Constituency Operations Team (COT) participation & SoIs (

  • To: "gnso-osc-csg@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-osc-csg@xxxxxxxxx>, Glen de Saint Géry <Glen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-osc-csg] Revised GNSO Council Constituency Operations Team (COT) participation & SoIs (
  • From: SS Kshatriy <sskshatriy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2009 02:46:53 -0800 (PST)

Dear Glen,
You may like to add a few more details about me in the 'Statement of Interest'.
These are the details I had sent you in the first mail.
-
 Internet is a very dear subject to me and I am recognized in my areas of
operation as an Internet Expert. I have been associated with such bodies as
Internet Society (www.isoc.org) and ICANN for a long time. I am quite active
and aware of ICANN activities. I subscribe to its news letter and have taken
part in surveys and opinion polls from time to time. I have tried (though
unsuccessfully) to get selected for many of its committees as member and also
to win fellowship for its meetings.
                                                I have been very active in
Internet Society (ISOC) matters. I am its Global Member since1996. I have
played active role in formulation of its policies and programs during ISOC?s
early years. I have been a Founder Member of its .ORG Advisory Council  for two
terms. As a Advisory Council Member, I was Chair of its Editorial Committee for
a term and later Vice Chair of its Outreach Committee. Had been responsible for
formulating Policy and Programs of Public Interest Registry (www.pir.org) that
manages .ORG domain name on behalf of ISOC.

Presently, I am Member of ISOC?s ?Sphere Project?. The Project aims at
formulating policies, programs and developing tools to establish and monitor
communications among its various Chapters and also to rate their functioning.
                                                I have Post-Graduate
Qualifications, am a scientist, a writer and author on science and Internet
subjects. I am known as Pioneer of Internet Journalism in India .
                                                I have been engaged in the
activities of Non-Profit organizations for a long time. I have time and energy
to spare for such activities.
                                                I am keen to be associated with
ICANN Work Teams.

            (S. S.  Kshatriya)