ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-osc-csg]

[gnso-osc-csg] RE: Agenda Items

  • To: "Olga Cavalli" <olgac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-osc-csg] RE: Agenda Items
  • From: "Julie Hedlund" <jahedlund@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 13:55:38 -0400

Dear Olga,

Here are some references and links for our discussion on Friday that relate
to the new agenda items.  Please let me know if you have any questions.

Best regards,

Julie

1.  The formal status of the COT as a constituency part of the OSC.

See the OSC Charter at:
https://st.icann.org/icann-osc/index.cgi?operations_steering_committee_osc,
Section B. The OSC Work Teams, subsection "Constituency Operations Team."

2.  The role of the OSC in relation to our work product.

a.  See the OSC Charter preamble, para 3: "The immediate goal of the OSC is
to develop recommendations to implement operational changes contained in the
BGC WG Report.  Once recommendations have been implemented, the OSC will be
responsible for reviewing and assessing the effectiveness of these new
improvements and for recommending further operational enhancements as
warranted."  See also, Section A. Working Method, first two sentences: "The
OSC will initially establish three separate teams to take on the work of
each of the three operational areas described above.  The OSC will serve as
the coordinating body for these separate work teams."

b.  See also references to the OSC in the COT Charter at:
https://st.icann.org/icann-osc/index.cgi?osc_constituency_operations_work_te
am_charter,

Section II. TEAM MEMBERSHIP GUIDELINES, subsection 8 a. "The Chair will
become an ex-officio member of the OSC if not already the case" and e. e.
"The Chair should consult with the Chair of the OSC as needed."

Section III. WORK TEAM RULES AND PROCEDURES of the COT Charter at:
specifically: "Reporting: The WT Chair will be asked to report on the WT
status biweekly to the OSC. Reports may be submitted via email or orally in
OSC meetings.  Milestones: WT Milestones shall be developed by the WT,
proposed to the OSC for approval and added after OSC approval.
Modifications: At any time during the tenure of the WT, the Chair should
communicate to the OSC if the WT believes that changes or clarifications are
needed regarding the WT Charter, including these rules."
Section IV. CALENDAR/TIMETABLES, third sentence: "The team should develop a
timeline for OSC review and approval."