ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-osc-csg]

RE: [gnso-osc-csg] Subtask 1-Draft 3-on Claudio's Comments

  • To: "'SS Kshatriy'" <sskshatriy@xxxxxxxxx>, OSC-CSG Work Team <gnso-osc-csg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-osc-csg] Subtask 1-Draft 3-on Claudio's Comments
  • From: Claudio Di Gangi <cdigangi@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2009 13:35:26 -0400

Dear SS,

Thanks for your note.

I understand the conflicting issues you were trying to reconcile, and
appreciate the efforts you made in doing so. However, I don’t think we need to
reconcile the concept of uniformity in all of our recommendations.  As you
indicate, the BGC expressed desire for a limited form of uniformity, restricted
only to the areas where it makes sense and would bring added-value in a
bottom-up, diverse multi-stakeholder body like the GNSO.

Absent uniformity, we can still put forward recommendations that give guidance
to Groups on what we think are best practices & good governance standards for
them to follow. This was the basis for the recommendation I suggested.

Thanks again for your work on this draft.

Claudio