ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-osc-csg]

RE: [gnso-osc-csg] Uniformity

  • To: "Victoria McEvedy" <victoria@xxxxxxxxxx>, <zahid@xxxxxxxxx>, Glen de Saint Géry <Glen@xxxxxxxxx>, <owner-gnso-osc-csg@xxxxxxxxx>, "gnso-osc-csg" <gnso-osc-csg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-osc-csg] Uniformity
  • From: "Victoria McEvedy" <victoria@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Oct 2009 23:45:50 +0100

Apologies for the short response earlier. Zahid I refer you to the BGC Report:

The BGC Report at p.43 mandated the development of the following:

1.      "...constituency-developed participation rules for all constituencies
that encourage openness, transparency and accountability. The rules must adhere
to the following  principles.."
2.      "..clear operating principles for each constituency to ensure that all
constituencies function in a representative, open, transparent and democratic
manner. Operating procedures adopted by constituencies should reflect common
principles and follow these guidelines:"[1]

The BGC summarized this in the following action item at p.46: "Proposed Action
Item: The Board requests: (i) The GNSO constituencies, with assistance from
Staff as needed, to develop a set of participation rules and operating
procedures, consistent with the principles outlined above, which all
constituencies should abide by. The ICANN Board should ask the constituencies
to develop and publicize common principles within six months; and to implement
operating rules and procedures consistent with those principles at that time."

Zahid, this WG spent some 6 months on these issues and I'm afraid I do believe
there are rules about re-opening old ground. We spent months on literal
approaches to the BGC.

Zahid ---I suggest you read all the old minutes and transcript.

Regards,

Victoria McEvedy

Principal

McEvedys

Solicitors and Attorneys

cid:669FC637-760A-4D2F-B56E-2C180C1870CC

96 Westbourne Park Road

London

W2 5PL

T:    +44 (0) 207 243 6122

F:    +44 (0) 207 022 1721

M:   +44 (0) 7990 625 169

www.mcevedy.eu

Regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority #465972

This email and its attachments are confidential and intended for the exclusive
use of the addressee(s).  This email and its attachments may also be legally
privileged. If you have received this in error, please let us know by reply
immediately and destroy the email and its attachments without reading, copying
or forwarding the contents.

This email does not create a solicitor-client relationship and no retainer is
created by this email communication.