ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-osc-csg]

RE: [gnso-osc-csg] GNSO CSG Meeting Tomorrow: 15 January 1400 UTC -- Comments Received

  • To: "Claudio Di Gangi" <cdigangi@xxxxxxxx>, "Julie Hedlund" <julie.hedlund@xxxxxxxxx>, "gnso-osc-csg" <gnso-osc-csg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-osc-csg] GNSO CSG Meeting Tomorrow: 15 January 1400 UTC -- Comments Received
  • From: "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 17:34:39 -0500

Thanks Claudio.  That works for me.

Chuck

________________________________

        From: Claudio Di Gangi [mailto:cdigangi@xxxxxxxx]
        Sent: Thursday, January 14, 2010 5:27 PM
        To: Gomes, Chuck; Julie Hedlund; gnso-osc-csg
        Subject: RE: [gnso-osc-csg] GNSO CSG Meeting Tomorrow: 15
January 1400 UTC -- Comments Received

        Thanks Chuck.

        A general comment for the team, in regards to 1,2,& 3 below.

        I am OK making it a recommendation that GROUPs have these
provisions, not just merely a recommendation that they "explore" having
them.

        However, I think we need to edit the language in 1 to make it
consistent (as it is now, the first sentence states: "...and shall
explore the possibility to have differential fee structures based on
ability to pay")

        I suggest the following edit to accomplish this:

        All GROUPs shall strive to improve inclusiveness and
representativeness. We recommend that GROUPs have either a differential
fee structure based on the ability to pay, in order to encourage
increased representation from those living in less developed economies;
or hardship provisions that entitle any potential member to apply for
hardship relief from the normal fee scale.

        Claudio