ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-osc-csg]

[gnso-osc-csg] RE: Actions/Summary: 07 March 2010 Nairobi Meeting

  • To: Julie Hedlund <julie.hedlund@xxxxxxxxx>, gnso-osc-csg <gnso-osc-csg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-osc-csg] RE: Actions/Summary: 07 March 2010 Nairobi Meeting
  • From: "Papac, Krista" <Krista.Papac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2010 04:54:20 -0400

All,

Here are my suggested changes to Part II, Section 4a.  Additions are bracketed
in red capital letters and deletions are stricken through in red.

4. Elections
a. All  {GROUP} {CHARTERS SHALL CLEARLY DELINEATE HOW) {ELECTED POSITIONS},
including representatives to Stakeholder Group {EXECUTIVE COMMITTEES} and the
GNSO Council, shall {BE ELECTED, WHAT THE TERM LIMITS ARE FOR EACH POSITION,
AND MAXIMUM NUMBER OF} have a maximum two year limit and a maximum of two
consecutive terms {IN THAT  THE SAME POSITION}. {ANY OTHER PROCEDURES RELATED
TO ELECTIONS OR EXCEPTIONS TO ELECTION PROCEDURES MUST ALSO BE DESCRIBED IN THE
GROUP CHARTER.}  An Officer who has served two consecutive terms must remain
out of office for one full term prior to serving any subsequent term {IN THAT
SAME POSITION   {GROUPS}  MAY} elect terms and term limits below these maximums
at their discretion. {WHEN CIRCUMSTANCES DEMAND EXCEPTIONS TO THIS REQUIREMENT.
EXCEPTIONS MAY ONLY BE MADE WITH SUPPORT FROM TWO-THIRDS MAJORITY OF THE
MEMBERSHIP.}
b. It is recommended {GOING FORWARD} that  {GROUPS} publish and maintain a list
of all Office holders, past and present, { {GROUP} members and to provide
transparency for term limits.

I also want to comment on Part II, Section 1c.  I believe we may have closed
this section out, but since I was unable to make the calls due to the
reschedule time I am providing my comment to the WT in hopes we can make a
change.  This section (pasted below) refers to Executive Committees and term
limits.  From the perspective of the RrSG, this section should also refer to
the Group Charter, rather than dictating what term limits are. I have suggested
changes below.  Additions are bracketed in red capital letters and deletions
are stricken through in red.

1. Executive Committees:
a. All Executive Committees must promptly publish action points, decisions and
any resolutions to constituency members. It is recommended that prompt
publication means within a reasonable period and a guideline is between 72
hours and 1 week of the relevant meeting.
b. All Executive Committees must publish to constituency members their rules
and procedures, decision making process and criteria.
c. A limit of two years per term and a maximum {NUMBER OF CONSECUTIVE} of two
terms per office being a total maximum of four years in any office (hereafter
Term Limits) shall apply to members of Executive Committees {AND MUST BE
DESCRIBED IN THE GROUP CHARTER}. {GROUP CHARTERS MUST ALSO HAVE PROCEDURES FOR
REELECTING MEMBERS} A member who has  {HAVE} served two {THE MAXIMUM NUMBER OF}
consecutive terms on the Executive Committee must remain out of office for one
full term prior to serving any subsequent term as a member of the Executive
Committee {IN THE SAME POSITION). {ANY EXCEPTION TO THIS POLICY WOULD REQUIRE
APPROVAL BY THE MEMBERSHIP.} {MUST ALSO BE OUTLINED IN THE GROUP CHARTER.}

Thank you,
Krista

Krista Papac
Iron Mountain Digital
5530 Bandini Blvd
Bell, CA  90201  US
Home Office: +1.714.846.8780
Mobile: +1.714.865.7655
Fax: +1.323.443.3573
krista.papac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:krista.papac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

"Software Escrow for Dummies" - order your complimentary copy today at
<http://www.ironmountain.com/escrowfordummies>
www.ironmountain.com/escrowfordummies<http://www.ironmountain.com/escrowfordummies>

New Gartner Report: Successful Software Escrow Requires Planning and Negotiation
Gartner advises: "It is also important that the licensee continue to track the
software vendor's financials and viability annually, because any signs of
financial problems would justify the cost of verification services." Continue
reading the full report at:
http://www.gartner.com/technology/media-products/reprints/ironmountain/170569.html