ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-osc-csg]

Re: [gnso-osc-csg] Actions/Summary: 07 May 2010 Meeting

  • To: <olgacavalli@xxxxxxxxx>, <cdigangi@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-osc-csg] Actions/Summary: 07 May 2010 Meeting
  • From: "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 May 2010 18:21:10 -0400

Claudio's changes look fine to me.

Chuck

________________________________

From: owner-gnso-osc-csg@xxxxxxxxx <owner-gnso-osc-csg@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Claudio Di Gangi <cdigangi@xxxxxxxx>
Cc: Julie Hedlund <julie.hedlund@xxxxxxxxx>; gnso-osc-csg
<gnso-osc-csg@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Mon May 10 18:17:30 2010

thank you very much Claudio.
regards
Olga

2010/5/10 Claudio Di Gangi <cdigangi@xxxxxxxx>

        Olga,

        Thank you. Please see the attached red-line, where I made three edits.

        One covers a change we agreed to on a work team call: to delete the
Term limit for GNSO Councilors within this document.

        The reason is because term limits for Councilors are already specified
in the ICANN Bylaws, so we wanted to avoid confusion with those provisions. For
reference, I think Michael was chairing that particular work team call.

        My other two edits are summarized below, and are non-substantive.

        1.      I added “for GNSO Stakeholder Groups and Constituencies” to the
title of the document so it is more clear as to where this applies.

        2.      I made an edit to clarify a sentence in the background section
that I found vague because it referred to Groups existing within the “GNSO
Council”, not the broader GNSO. This sentence now reads:

        “When the BGC WG made its initial recommendations, the concept of
Stakeholder Groups (SGs) as part of the GNSO structure had not yet been
implemented.  Since then SGs have been implemented within the GNSO structure
along with Constituencies.”

        Subject to the correction identified above, I am OK approving this
document. Thanks to all for their time & hard work on the effort.

        claudio