ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-osc-csg]

RE: [gnso-osc-csg] ACTION NEEDED - comments from the OSC

  • To: "'Claudio Di Gangi'" <cdigangi@xxxxxxxx>, "'Gomes, Chuck'" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'Olga Cavalli'" <olgacavalli@xxxxxxxxx>, "'OSC-CSG Work Team'" <gnso-osc-csg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-osc-csg] ACTION NEEDED - comments from the OSC
  • From: "Michael Young" <myoung@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2010 09:16:40 -0400

Suggested edited version, I think this version incorporates the list
concerns and still stands as a  useful statement.

IN GENERAL, REGISTRIES AND REGISTRARS ARE ALMOST NOT PRESENT IN DEVELOPING
REGIONS, AN OUTREACH EFFORT MAY ENCOURAGE NEW ACTORS FROM THESE REGIONS TO
BE PART OF THE ICANN PROCESS IN BECOMING ACCREDITED REGISTRARS OR EVEN
REGISTRIES. INTRODUCING NEW, POTENTIONAL, ACTIVE PARTICPANTS IN DEVELOPING
REGIONS TO THE ICANN PROCESS SHOULD BE A PRIMARY MISSION GOAL OF THE
OUTREACH EFFORTS.?

Best Regards,

Michael Young

Vice-President,