ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-osc-ops]

[gnso-osc-ops] GNSO Council Operations Team (GCOT) participation and Statements of Interest (ops)

  • To: "gnso-osc-ops@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-osc-ops@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-osc-ops] GNSO Council Operations Team (GCOT) participation and Statements of Interest (ops)
  • From: Glen de Saint Géry <Glen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 06:24:09 -0800

Dear All,

Please find the GNSO Council Operations Team participation and statements of
interest below in alphabetic order.

Please note that the kick-off meeting will be held on Sunday, 1 March 2009 in
Mexico City in the GNSO working room, Don Diego 4.

Remote participation will be arranged and the details published shortly. The
meeting will also be recorded.

Ron Andruff - Commercial and Business Users Constituency
Rafik Dammak - Non Commercial Users Constituency - requested recording
Ray Fassett - gTLD Registries Constituency
Tony Holmes - Internet Service and Connectivity Providers Constituency
Yoav Keren - Registrar Constituency
Ken Stubbs - gTLD Registries Constituency - Interim chair - absent
Saturday/Sunday apologies
Joop Teenstra - Individual - remote participation

Ron Andruff - Commercial and Business Users Constituency
1. The participant's current vocation, employer and position

President and Chief Executive Officer of RNA Partners Inc., a marketing and
corporate strategy advisory company based in New York, NY.  In addition, I am
also the Chairman of the Board of dotSport LLC, a holding company that is
planning to make investments in domain name and Internet services companies.

2. Identify any financial ownership or senior management/leadership interest in
registries, registrars or other entities that are stakeholders or interested
parties in ICANN or any entity with which ICANN has a transaction, contract, or
other arrangement.

None.  Active member of the business users' constituency.

3.Identify any type of commercial interest in ICANN GNSO policy development
outcomes. Is the participant representing other parties?

As noted above, I am the Chairman and a shareholder of dotSport LLC that may or
may not make an investment in a company that would pursue an application to be
the registry for a new gTLD.

Rafik Dammak - Non Commercial Users Constituency
1- Research Student, University of Tokyo, Interfaculty Initiative in
Information Studies, Graduate School of Interdisciplinary Information Studies
2- Research on applied computer science : Ubiquitous Computing
3- none
4- individual user
5- I am individual member of NCUC.

Ray Fassett - gTLD Registry Constituency - Statement of Interest

1.      Current vocation, employer and position

Employer:  Employ Media LLC dba .JOBS

Title: Executive Vice President, Operations & Policy

2.      Type of work performed in 1 above

gTLD Registry Operator; Contracted party with ICANN

3.      Identify any financial ownership or senior management/leadership
interest in registries, registrars or other firms that are interested parties
in ICANN policy or any entity with which ICANN has a transaction, contract, or
other arrangement.

I have minority financial ownership and senior management position in Employ
Media LLC.

4.      Identify any type of commercial interest in ICANN GNSO policy
development outcomes.  Are you representing other parties?

Employ Media has a commercial interest in the ICANN GNSO policy development
process as this pertains primarily to Consensus Policy compliance as defined in
the Employ Media gTLD registry contract with ICANN.  Other than this, I often
participate in the ICANN policy development process communicating a position of
the Registry Constituency consistent to ICANN's constituency based model for
input into DNS policy matters.

5.      Describe any arrangements or agreements between you and any other
group, constituency or person(s) regarding your nomination or selection as a
work team member.

I have no other arrangements or agreements for my involvement in the ICANN
policy development process or any of its committees or work groups.

Tony Holmes - Internet Service and Connectivity Providers Constituency

http://gnso.icann.org/council/soi/holmes-statement.htm

Yoav Keren - Registrar Constituency
=====================================

1.       Current vocation, employer and position
CEO of Domain The Net Technologies Ltd.

2.       Type of work performed in 1 above
General management of the company.

3.       Identify any financial ownership or senior management/leadership
interest in registries, registrars or other firms that are interested parties
in ICANN policy or any entity with which ICANN has a transaction, contract, or
other  arrangement

Domain The Net is an ICANN accredited registrar. I am the CEO and a shareholder.

4.       Identify any type of commercial interest in ICANN GNSO policy
development outcomes.  Are you representing other parties?

I am not representing other parties, except my company and the registrar
constituency.

5.       Describe any arrangements or agreements between you and any other
group, constituency or person(s) regardingyour nomination or selection as a
work team member.

The registrar constituency called for volunteers so I volunteered. I have no
other arrangements with any other parties.

Ken Stubbs - gTLD Registries Constituency - Interim chair

I have provided consulting services to various clients for over 25 years, with
a principle focus on the development of marketing strategies and operational
and organizational structures.

Since 1994, I have  consulted on Internet business development strategies for
the development of both commercial as well as non-profit web sites.

I am a Director of Afilias Registry as well as a member of the Afilias Board of
Director's Executive Committee.

I am a member of the Registry Constituency.

Joop Teenstra - Individual - remote participation

1.       Current vocation, employer and position

Director and CEO of Imachination Ltd. , a small Internet consultancy and web
design firm.
Director of Terabytes of New Zealand Ltd. a closed and private (family)
investment firm.

2.       Type of work performed in 1 above

All aspects of management.

3.       Identify any financial ownership or senior management/leadership
interest in registries, registrars or other firms that are interested parties
in ICANN policy or any entity with which ICANN has a transaction, contract, or
other  arrangement

There is no financial ownership, direct or indirect, in any firm that deals
with ICANN.

4.       Identify any type of commercial interest in ICANN GNSO policy
development outcomes.  Are you representing other parties?

I am a Domain name registrant and I identify with Domain name registrants'
typical interests.  I have represented Individual Domain Name Registrants at
ICANN meetings in the past and may possibly do so in the future.

5.       Describe any arrangements or agreements between you and any other
group, constituency or person(s) regarding your nomination or selection as a
work team member.

I have not sought or obtained anyone's approval to join this work team.

Glen de Saint Géry
GNSO Secretariat
gnso.secretariat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://gnso.icann.org