ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-osc-ops]

[gnso-osc-ops] GNSO "kite" and Sydney

  • To: <gnso-osc-ops@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-osc-ops] GNSO "kite" and Sydney
  • From: "Ron Andruff" <randruff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Jun 2009 07:28:45 -0400

Dear Chairman,

Dear all,

I would like to remind the Chair and team that we are now just 12 days away
from the start of the Sydney meeting and we have yet to send out the ?kite?
document for the community?s consideration.  As we have noted repeatedly on
our calls, we NEED community feedback because there are so few of us
participating on this work team.  Therefore I strongly urge the Chair to
finalize the document to his liking and send it out to the current
constituencies for their circulation to their members in advance of the
Sydney meeting so that we can gain the benefit of face-to-face feedback.

On a separate, but related, note, I see that our work team (like all others)
is scheduled to meet for 60 minutes on Sunday, June 21st.  I think that this
is far too little time and therefore would propose that the Chair establish
a two hour meeting to give us the time to discuss and debate how to deal
with the Rule of Procedure.  In this regard, I have understood that Rob and
Julie are going through them now to provide us with an understanding of (1)
who else ? and in what capacity ? are dealing with this task; and (2) to
provide a ?road map? for our work team vis-à-vis the priority of each rule
vis-à-vis which ones we take on first, second, etc.

In this regard, as we have discussed on our calls, the hope has been that
the work done on the SOI/DOI as well as that done on the ?kite? would be
folded into the Rules that our work team recommends.

Respectfully submitted,

RA

Ronald N. Andruff

RNA Partners, Inc.