ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-osc-ops]

RE: [gnso-osc-ops] Sydney meeting

  • To: "'Ray Fassett'" <ray@xxxxxxxxx>, "'Gomes, Chuck'" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-osc-ops] Sydney meeting
  • From: "Ron Andruff" <randruff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 11:06:50 -0400

Dear Chick,

Dear All,

With respect, I need to make a few amendments to this dialogue which I trust
will be interpreted as simple clarifications to things I read in both
Chuck?s and Ray?s posts.  If I misstate something, please correct me.

As a member of the OSC (BC alternate), and as neither Ray nor Wolf-Ulrich
will be in Sydney (rather I will), I would respectfully note the following:

1.      The GCOT will need at minimum one hour to take advantage of a
face-to-face meeting to progress the work team?s efforts.  I had requested a
longer time period for our meeting of our Chair, and it is as a result of
this that we have two hours.  Therefore, should we have no other recourse
but to share the same time slot for the two meetings, I would ask that the
OSC not join the GCOT meeting until a mutually acceptable time is found
(other than as observers, of course, which is always welcome).

2.      With regard to the OSC being asked to review the document Ray
has/will send(?) you, our request of the OSC ? as concluded in our
conference call today ? is to review it and then, send it on to the
community at large.  We are NOT looking to the OSC to respond to the two
questions asked (other than in their individual constituency capacity).
Rather, it is my understanding that we are sending the OSC this document for
its consideration and that, lacking significant pushback from the OSC, the
Chair of the work team will send it to the constituencies to get a general
sense from the broader community which form it believes the future GNSO
should take.  Our work team is woefully small to try to make this
determination.  In short, this document is a ?referendum? to see in which
form the ICANN community would like to see its ?next-generation? GNSO.

Chuck, as I am a confirmed Sydney OSC participant (vis-à-vis your question
on potential meeting dates), I arrive early Saturday morning, so I could
make myself available for the OSC meeting according to any time agreed by
all.  My preference would be to have the meeting on the first Saturday, and
if the GCOT needs to surrender the second hour of our meeting, provided the
work team is in agreement, then that may be the OSC?s Plan B.

I trust that this clarification helps and, again, to all on this list, if I
have misstated anything I welcome the amendment.

Kind regards,

RA

Ronald N. Andruff

RNA Partners, Inc.