ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-osc-ops]

FW: [gnso-osc-ops] OSC-GNSO Operations Work Team: Further Revised SOI/DOI Policy

  • To: "'Daniel Halloran'" <daniel.halloran@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: FW: [gnso-osc-ops] OSC-GNSO Operations Work Team: Further Revised SOI/DOI Policy
  • From: "Ray Fassett" <ray@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 13:19:44 -0400

Dan, I am contacting you on behalf of the GNSO Council Operations Work Team,
or GCOT, with the request to review the attached Statement of
Interest/Declaration of Interest work product of our committee.  The GCOT is
a work team that has been established with regards to the GNSO improvements
process.  The GCOT provides its recommendations to the Operations Steering
Committee (OSC).  The attached SOI/DOI document is one our work team
believes to be at a reasonable point for third party review, which we
consider legal review relevant for the nature of this work product and the
reason I am requesting your input and feedback at this time.

I will also be sending this work product in its present form to the OSC for
their input to our work team.  A primary scope of the GCOT pertains to
review/updating Council Rules of Procedure located at
http://gnso.icann.org/council/new-procedures.shtml.  We are also tasked with
developing high level principles for the new Council.  We've identified
SOI/DOI to be a high level principle and one not currently contained within
the existing Council Rules of Procedure.  Our intention is to include
SOI/DOI into the Rules of Procedure.

Please let me know if any questions,

Sincerely,

Ray Fassett