ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-osc-ops]

[gnso-osc-ops] Section 5.8 Proxies

  • To: "'gnso-osc-ops'" <gnso-osc-ops@xxxxxxxxx>, "'Avri Doria'" <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-osc-ops] Section 5.8 Proxies
  • From: "Ray Fassett" <ray@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2009 09:48:23 -0400

As discussed on our last call, Section 5.8 that speaks to Proxies is a
section we are not going to have as a deliverable in time for the Seoul
meeting.  I suggest we not spend time on today's call for the following
sections of 5.8:

5.8.1

5.8.2

5.8.2.1

5.8.3

5.8.4

5.8.5

5.8.6

I think we can discuss 5.8.7 and 5.8.8

One thing we will need is a paragraph of explanation such as:

Due to the fact that 1) language in the Rules of Procedure that pertain to
Proxy voting requires ICANN legal counsel review and 2) the necessity to not
have Proxy voting language completed in order to seat the Council as part of
the Seoul meeting in October 2009, the Work Team has decided to defer
completion of its work on Proxy voting until after the ICANN annual meeting
in Seoul.

(something like the above as a placeholder explanation)