ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-osc-ops]

[gnso-osc-ops] ACTION ITEMS: OSC GNSO Operations Work Team 25 November Meeting

  • To: gnso-osc-ops <gnso-osc-ops@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-osc-ops] ACTION ITEMS: OSC GNSO Operations Work Team 25 November Meeting
  • From: Julie Hedlund <julie.hedlund@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2009 12:01:50 -0800

Dear Work Team members,

Here are the action items from today's meeting.  Please let me know if you
would like me to make any changes to them.  Also, you will find these actions
along with brief notes on the wiki at:
https://st.icann.org/icann-osc/index.cgi?gnso_operations_team.  Please let me
know if you would like me to make changes to the meeting notes.

Our next meeting is scheduled for Wednesday, 09 December at 1700 UTC (09:00
PST, 12:00 EST, 18:00 CEST, 19:00 Jerusalem, 00:00 Taiwan).

Action Items:
1. The Work Team agreed that Ken Bour would amend the Material Conflict of
Interest Procedures suggested by ICANN Staff to provide additional detail in
the following areas: 1) guidelines for Stakeholder Groups and Constituencies on
what constitutes a material Conflict of Interest (COI); 2) procedure for a
Council member to express a COI that differentiates recusal from discussions
versus recusal from votes; 3) the mechanism for how to make a reduction to the
denominator after a Councilor announces a material COI (as determined by the
Council guidelines) as the basis for an abstention. The Work Team also asked
Ken to share the language with ICANN Legal staff.
2. Ray Fassett agreed to notify Chuck Gomes that the Work Team would need an
extension on the 25 November deadline to devise procedures for abstentions.

I hope you all have a nice Thanksgiving Holiday (for those in the U.S.) and a
nice rest of the week and weekend (for those not in the U.S.)!

Best regards,

Julie