ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-osc-ops]

[gnso-osc-ops] Housekeeping item for today's call

  • To: <gnso-osc-ops@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-osc-ops] Housekeeping item for today's call
  • From: "Ray Fassett" <ray@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 11:30:49 -0500

On our last call, towards the end, I proposed the need for our Working Team
of a Vice Chair for the reason Yoav Keren, our previously elected Vice
Chair, has been inactive.  My suggestion was for Avri Dora to be appointed
to this position and I asked Avri to consider it in time for our next call
which is today.

Given Avri's well understood experience with the GNSO, I think she can add
some juice to Work Team in such a capacity.  For me as the Chair, I would be
looking for the Vice Chair to help organize agenda's for our meetings, help
me to prioritize our work, help facilitate communication with our ICANN
administrative staff support, and on occasions chair Work Team meetings
either in my absence or upon my request.  If there are no objections as part
of today's call (including from Avri), I would like for our Work Team to
have this discussion.  If there are others interested in the Vice Chair,
please also feel free to speak up.

Ray