ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-osc-ops]

<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

Re: AW: [gnso-osc-ops] GNSO Ops Procedures Section 4-Voting: Next Steps

• To: KnobenW@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: AW: [gnso-osc-ops] GNSO Ops Procedures Section 4-Voting: Next Steps
  • Date: Thu, 04 Feb 2010 16:59:01 -0500

Ken Stubbs wrote:

i fully agree...

KnobenW@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Ray,
I follow your suggestion. We should subbmit it to the OSC as soon as possible.
Kind regards
Wolf-Ulrich Knoben

------------------------------------------------------------------------
*Von:* owner-gnso-osc-ops@xxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-gnso-osc-ops@xxxxxxxxx] *Im Auftrag von *Ray Fassett
*Gesendet:* Donnerstag, 4. Februar 2010 18:27
*An:* 'gnso-osc-ops'
*Cc:* 'Ken Bour'; 'Julie Hedlund'; Glen@xxxxxxxxx; 'Gisella Gruber-White'; 'Robert Hoggarth'
*Betreff:* [gnso-osc-ops] GNSO Ops Procedures Section 4-Voting: Next Steps
*Wichtigkeit:* Hoch

Team:

As discussed in our last teleconference, the last call for comments with regards to Section 4-Voting (re: abstentions) was this past Monday. Ron Andruff and Avri Doria confirmed their approval of the document as originally drafted and Wolf-Ulrich offered a few edits for consideration. Given the edits offered by Wolf did not appear substantive to me along with one of the proposed edits being primarily w/ regards to formatting (splitting certain procedures into an Appendix), I have chosen to request Ken Bour to begin moving the original document forward through ICANN staff legal so that we can submit to the OSC as soon as possible. With regards to the formatting, my interpretation from the Work Team is to keep the body of the procedures intact under Sub-Section 4.5 vs. splitting off into an Appendix.

Staff support, at my request, has also drafted a tentative resolution (see below) that we can present to the OSC and, ultimately, to the Council. The 21-day comment period is a requirement of the Bylaws [see Section 3(4)]. I have authorized Ken Bour to submit the latest version of Section 4, together with the sample resolution and Bylaws amendments, to Dan Halloran (ICANN Legal) for his review. We are asking Dan for his opinion within one week from today or 11 February. Immediately thereafter, assuming there are no serious problems requiring team action, I will send the document and resolution to the OSC requesting their review by 26 February (2 weeks). Although we will have missed the 12 February cutoff for official documents submitted before an ICANN meeting, hopefully the OSC can indicate its support to the Council and the document can be put out for public comment shortly after Nairobi. Thank you for all your hard work and of course to Ken Bour for all his efforts in support of our Work Team on this issue. I plan to share this information and update with Chuck Gomes, Chair of the OSC unless there are any objections.

Ray Fassett

Chair

GCOT

SAMPLE RESOLUTION:

WHEREAS the GNSO Council Operations Work Team (GCOT) has developed a set of abstention provisions that it recommends be incorporated into the GNSO Operations Procedures as Sub-Section 4.5 (part of 4.0-Voting); and

WHEREAS the GCOT has also identified other voting procedures within Section 4.0 that it recommends be amended to be consistent with its proposed abstentions provisions; and

WHEREAS the Operations Steering Committee (OSC) has reviewed all of these revisions and recommends them for adoption by the GNSO Council.

RESOLVED, that the GNSO Council accepts Version 1.2 of the GNSO Operating Procedures, including the recommended revisions to Section 4 and its new Sub-Section 4.5.

RESOLVED FURTHER, that the GNSO Council directs Staff to post this document for twenty-one (21) days in the ICANN Public Comment Forum and reserves the right to modify these procedures upon conclusion of that public comment period.

<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy