ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-osc-ops]

[gnso-osc-ops] Re: GCOT Documents: Voting, Term Limits, and Absences

  • To: gnso-osc-ops <gnso-osc-ops@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-osc-ops] Re: GCOT Documents: Voting, Term Limits, and Absences
  • From: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 09:53:53 -0400

Hi,

Yes and my recommendation would be:

> (a) the vote is simply not cast

It is their job to be at the meetings except in dire circumstance.  All of this
is just enabling absence.

For PDP decisions and other bylaw responsibilities, ok, there needs to be an
accommodation to full representation, but for whether people are going to meet
for a breakfast meeting at the next face to face meeting, it seems to be
overkill.  Also we are really getting bound up in voting and creating vast  and
complicated regimes, using vast numbers of staff and contractor hours, for
something that is supposed to be an exception within a consensus based
organization.

a.