ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-osc-ops]

Re: [gnso-osc-ops] New Section 4-Voting and 3.8-Absences

  • To: gnso-osc-ops <gnso-osc-ops@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-osc-ops] New Section 4-Voting and 3.8-Absences
  • From: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2010 12:27:31 -0400

On 14 Apr 2010, at 12:22, Ron Andruff wrote:

> Personally, I think we are drilling down much too deep on all of these
> issues.  Like the proverbial onion, we can only find another layer below the
> one we are looking at and at some point we have to stop.  How can we expect
> others, with fresh eyes, to follow this when we ourselves are struggling
> under the weight of all of these words?

i totally agree with this.  i believe we have gone very far beyond too deep
into the details.

the council is at this point already the most complex body in ICANN, and I
think we re starting to approach a complexity that even national governments
would fear in their parliaments.

way too many words, so many words that every question about a word brings 100s
more onto the page.

a.