ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-osc-ops]

RE: [gnso-osc-ops] Draft Motion re: GNSO Council Procedures Recommendations

  • To: "'Julie Hedlund'" <julie.hedlund@xxxxxxxxx>, "'gnso-osc-ops'" <gnso-osc-ops@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-osc-ops] Draft Motion re: GNSO Council Procedures Recommendations
  • From: "Ron Andruff" <randruff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2010 10:59:40 -0400

Thank you, Julie.

RA

Ronald N. Andruff

President

RNA Partners, Inc.

220 Fifth Avenue

New York, New York 10001

+ 1 212 481 2820 ext. 11

  _____

From: owner-gnso-osc-ops@xxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-gnso-osc-ops@xxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Julie Hedlund
Sent: Tuesday, July 20, 2010 9:59 AM
To: gnso-osc-ops
Subject: [gnso-osc-ops] Draft Motion re: GNSO Council Procedures
Recommendations

Dear Work Team members,

Here is the draft motion for your reference.  Olga Cavalli will review it
and submit it to the Council.  If she makes any changes to it I will send
you the revised version.  Please let me know if you have any questions.

Best regards,

Julie

DRAFT RESOLUTION:  Final Council Action on GCOT & CSG Deliverables

WHEREAS, the GNSO Council, at its 23 June 2010 meeting in Brussels, accepted
a set of deliverables submitted by the GNSO Council Operations Work Team
(GCOT) <https://st.icann.org/icann-osc/index.cgi?gnso_operations_team>  and
the Constituency and Stakeholder Group Operations Work Team (CSG-WT)
<https://st.icann.org/icann-osc/index.cgi?constituency_operations_team> ;

WHEREAS, a twenty-one (21) day Public Comment Forum
<http://www.icann.org/en/public-comment/#gcot-csg-recommendations> completed
between 28 June 2010 and 18 July 2010 and a Staff Summary and Analysis
<http://forum.icann.org/lists/gcot-csg-recommendations/msg00001.html> has
been published;
WHEREAS, the GNSO Council agreed to take action on the these deliverables as
soon as possible after the end of the public comment period;

WHEREAS, there were no public comments submitted that would amend any of the
GCOT or CSG-WT recommendations;

NOW, BE IT THEREFORE:

RESOLVED, that the GNSO Council approves the following set of GCOT
documents, without further modification, and directs Staff to publish a new
version of the GNSO Operating Procedures (GOP) containing these sections and
chapters:
.         Section 2.1-Council Member Term Limits
<http://gnso.icann.org/drafts/draft-gnso-op-procedures-term-limits-24may10-e
n.pdf>
.         Section 2.4-Board Seat Elections
<http://gnso.icann.org/drafts/draft-gnso-op-procedures-board-seat-elections-
24may10-en.pdf>
.         Section 3.8-Absences and Vacancies
<http://gnso.icann.org/drafts/draft-gnso-op-procedures-absences-vacancies-11
jun10-en.pdf>
.         Chapter 4.0-Voting
<http://gnso.icann.org/drafts/draft-gnso-op-procedures-voting-11jun10-en.pdf

.         Chapter 5.0-Statements and Disclosures of Interest
<http://gnso.icann.org/drafts/draft-gnso-op-procedures-soi-doi-11jun10-en.pd
f>
o   Note that two sections, 5.3.2 and 5.3.3, are not approved pending
further Staff action to be determined.  These sections are footnoted in the
document as "inactive" until subsequently approved by the OSC and Council.

RESOLVED FURTHER, that the GNSO Council approves the following CSG-WT
deliverable and directs Staff to provide these recommendations to GNSO
Stakeholder Groups and Constituencies for evaluation in amending their
charters, as appropriate:
.         Recommended Common Operating Principles and Participation
Guidelines for GNSO Stakeholder Groups and Constituencies; and
<http://gnso.icann.org/drafts/draft-csg-recommendations-task-27may10-en.pdf>

Recommendations on a GNSO Database of Community Members
<http://gnso.icann.org/drafts/draft-csg-recommendations-task-27may10-en.pdf>

RESOLVED FURTHER, that the GCOT has successfully completed its assignments,
as chartered by the Operations Steering Committee (OSC); therefore, the GNSO
Council hereby discharges the GCOT with its gratitude and appreciation for
the team's dedication, commitment, and thoughtful recommendations.

On 7/19/10 3:44 PM, "Julie Hedlund" <julie.hedlund@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Dear Work Team members,

The public comment forum on the GNSO Council procedure recommendations ended
yesterday.  There was only one comment and it was not substantive.  I have
produced a summary and analysis that is available here:
http://forum.icann.org/lists/gcot-csg-recommendations/msg00001.html.  In
particular, the comment did not address the recommendations for changes to
the GNSO Council Operating Procedures.  It related to the ICANN comment
process in general.

The next step is for the GNSO Council to approve the changes to the
operating procedures.  Staff will prepare a draft motion for consideration.
Since the motion covers both the GCOT recommendations and the report from
the Constituency and Stakeholder Group Operations Work Team Olga Cavalli has
agreed to submit it to the Council.  However, I will also share the language
with you.  I hope that we will have a draft ready tomorrow.  Motions must be
submitted not later that 28 July for the Council meeting on 26 August.

Best regards,

Juli