ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-osc-ops]

Re: [gnso-osc-ops] Actions from 22 Sept/Next Call 29 Sept

  • To: gnso-osc-ops <gnso-osc-ops@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-osc-ops] Actions from 22 Sept/Next Call 29 Sept
  • From: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2010 15:38:27 -0400

Dear Julie,

I must say that I tend to object to the way this is being put.  It is as if
Staff has refused to comply with a possible requirements and is now suggesting
that we change the wording to accommodate that refusal.

I think it is critical that staff meet the same requirements as everyone who
participates in a meeting as was determined by the approved procedures, and
that definitional spin on the word participant not be used to try and avoid
such an obligation.

As I have tried to explain many times, the SOI/DOI is not just for those who
recommend policy, and GNSO does nothing more than recommend they are not
decision makers, but it is on anyone who might contribute an idea that could
end up becoming policy once it reached the approval stage.  Anyone with an
interest who speaks in a meeting, or who writes a line a text, can manipulate
the meaning and thus the policy and it is imperative that everyones interest's
be declared without exception.

a.