ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-osc]

[gnso-osc] Final response to the CCT

  • To: <gnso-osc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-osc] Final response to the CCT
  • From: "Philip Sheppard" <philip.sheppard@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2009 09:38:01 +0100

Re Tolerance

Colleagues,
There seems to be some misunderstanding. Please note my comment on this was
intended explicitly to promote tolerance not negate it !

What I had said was:
2.5.7 "Encourage the understanding of opposing perspectives, while maintaining a
spirit of cooperation and civility"

This is highly sensitive and could be distracting. We should go NO further than
wording in the ICANN's published Standards of Behavior.
If there is an issue with ICANN's published Standards of Behavior then that
should be a separate dialogue with the Ombudsman office.

------------------------
In other words: my recommendation was that there is no need for an additional
work item for the GNSO given the existence of excellent set of standards from
the Ombudsman office. http://www.icann.org/en/transparency
A better reference would be a simple recommendation for the GNSO council to
formally adopt these standards.

In the BC's recent charter revisions we adopted these standards. Have other
constituencies also done so?

Yours,
an ever so tolerant (and somewhat relaxed)
Philip