ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-osc]

RE: [gnso-osc] GCOT Ops Section 5 - disclosure of interest - revised proposal for the OSC

  • To: "Philip Sheppard" <philip.sheppard@xxxxxx>, <gnso-osc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-osc] GCOT Ops Section 5 - disclosure of interest - revised proposal for the OSC
  • From: "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 May 2010 15:59:50 -0400

I think there is a typo in the following:

" 5.3.3  Content
Relevant Parties shall complete all five sections of the Statement of
Interest form as specified below: " There are six sections that follow.

In thinking further about the Disclosure of Interest requirement I have
come up with a few questions.  At what point does a disclosure of
interest requirement occur?  It seems like there could be lots of points
in our activities when a DoI would be needed and in different venues
(WG, Council meeting).  It seems like it will be a logistical challenge
to keep track of these for each meeting when they would be needed.  And
in some meetings there may be multiple needs for DoI's for different
topics.  Am I making more of this than I should?  Or does the policy
need to provide more detail in this regard?  I am thinking the latter
but curious what others think.

I support the concept but implementation may be challenging so some
guidance there would be helpful in the procedures.  I actually made a
DoI in the Council meeting yesterday.  I wouldn't be surprised if others
should have done the same on the issue at stake and possibly on other
issues on the agenda.  I am just not convinced that this is going to be
easy to manage and consume a lot of time.  As it stands, we were unable
to finish the agenda yesterday and that is an all too common occurrence.

Chuck

automatically