ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-osc]

[gnso-osc] FOR ADOPTION GCOT Ops Section 4 - voting

  • To: <gnso-osc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-osc] FOR ADOPTION GCOT Ops Section 4 - voting
  • From: "Philip Sheppard" <philip.sheppard@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2010 10:08:34 +0200

Further to the dialogue on section 4 of the GNSO operating procedures on voting,
may I assume outstanding issues of the OSC are resolved with the text
clarification proposed by GCOT chair Ray?

I attach an amended section 4 with the new text highlighted.
The relevant text now reads:

"A Councillor abstaining on a vote, if present at the meeting, does count in
quorum calculations; however, the existence of a proxy does not count towards
quorum for any action of the GNSO Council".

I will assume the OSC is ready to approve sections 3.8 and 4 by a new deadline
of June 14 unless I hear to the contrary.

Due to the proximity of the OSC Brussels meeting (June 19) we will formally
adopt these sections at that meeting.

Philip