ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-osc]

RES: [gnso-osc] Revised Global Outreach Recommendations - for OSC adoption by October 31

  • To: "'Philip Sheppard'" <philip.sheppard@xxxxxx>, <gnso-osc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RES: [gnso-osc] Revised Global Outreach Recommendations - for OSC adoption by October 31
  • From: "Vanda UOL" <vanda@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2010 16:52:53 -0400

Dear Phillip, colleagues

I am happy in general with this document, will need some time to go  more
deeply on it, but would like to share some points with you:

a)       Since I started  design the Fellowship Program back in 2006  and it
became reality in 2007  and I was  with it till last June, as member of the
committee, it is important to talk with  the coordination of this program to
change a little the main lines  the program started with.  It is necessary
to change to include the  internet industry from developing countries. ( the
program  gives priority to members of governments not yet in the GAC and to
not for profit organizations and academics with the capacity to spread the
word about ICANN)

b)      I have been participating in several efforts of ICANN outreach here
in Brazil,  but it is necessary to keep it happening since people in several
developing countries still not ?seeing?   the industry  and its importance.

c)       The South School for Internet Governance cited in this work was one
big step forward to get people from many places in Latin America to get
together and debate Internet issues with some names of our industry. But
again, constancy  is fundamental to keep people interested. I was there
promoting fellowship program and I am quite happy that several participants
for that SSIG got the fellow to Cartagena. I did not look to their profiles
to see if some industry persons were among the selected, but it was quite
important to see the convergence of these efforts. I have talked with CFO in
order to see how to get some sponsorship to the SSIG but got nothing.

I need to get my flight now , but I will use the time to read more carefully
and will be back with other comments.

 Thanks to Olga and the group for this doc.

All the best

Vanda Scartezini

Polo Consultores Associados

IT Trend