ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-osc]

RE: [gnso-osc] OSC approval of amended Council procedures - 5.10 statements of interest - deadline 21 January 2011

  • To: "Philip Sheppard" <philip.sheppard@xxxxxx>, <gnso-osc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-osc] OSC approval of amended Council procedures - 5.10 statements of interest - deadline 21 January 2011
  • From: "Metalitz, Steven" <met@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2011 12:12:56 -0800

I am consulting with IPC members and may have more to offer but for now
a few responses to the dialogue in line below.

Three additional observations:

Section 5.3.3.4:  In order for this provision to work, ICANN needs to
make available and keep current a list of all companies that have
"financial relationships or contracts with ICANN."  This includes
accredited registrars and gTLD registry operators (which are currently
disclosed), but is not limited to these. I know we have discussed this
issue before.  Can someone (staff?) remind us of status of this list?

Section 5.3.4:  Updates are required "within ten business days OF ANY
MATERIAL CHANGE IN ANY INFORMATION APPEARING IN THE STATEMENT OF
INTEREST FORM."  (The words in CAPS need to be added, otherwise it is
not clear when the 10-day clock starts running.)

A final clean-up will be needed: e.g., there are two cross-references to
5.5.3, which does not exist (should be 5.4.3?), and 5.3.3 refers to five
sections of the SOI when there are six listed.

Steve Metalitz