ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-otf-dt]

[gnso-otf-dt] FOR REVIEW: Draft OTF Charter

  • To: gnso-otf-dt <gnso-otf-dt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-otf-dt] FOR REVIEW: Draft OTF Charter
  • From: Julie Hedlund <julie.hedlund@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2011 08:24:31 -0700

Dear OTF Charter Drafting Team members,

Attached is a Draft OTF Charter (in .pdf and .doc) for you to review and for
discussion on our next call on **Friday 05 August 2011 at 1300 UTC.**  We would
like to highlight some issues for you to consider as you are reviewing the
Draft OTF Charter.

 1.  How will the members of the Steering Committee and OTF be selected?  The
Charter suggests that there could be representatives from each constituency and
stakeholder group and that the OTF membership should be broad and diverse with
representatives from each continent.  (See yellow highlight in Section III
Membership Criteria and Roles, Functions, and Duties.)
 2.  Note also that in order to recruit the members of the OTF and ensure broad
and diverse membership there will be a “call for volunteers.”  (See Section III
Formation in yellow.)
 3.  Finally, should we restrict the number of members of the OTF?  Right now
the Charter does not set a limit on the number of members for the OTF, just for
the Steering Committee.

We welcome any questions you have as you review the Charter.  This is just a
very first draft so your input is essential to refine the document.  Please
feel free to comment on the list in advance of our next meeting.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Julie

Julie Hedlund