ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-otf-dt]

[gnso-otf-dt] Outreach Task Force Draft Charter for Review

  • To: Stéphane Van Gelder <stephane.vangelder@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-otf-dt] Outreach Task Force Draft Charter for Review
  • From: Olga Cavalli <olgacavalli@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2011 08:14:41 -0700

Dear Stéphane,

As chair of the Outreach Task Force Charter Drafting team, I am attaching to
this email the Draft Charter in Word and PDF for review by the GNSO Council,
Constituencies, and Stakeholder Groups.

On 19 May 2011 the GNSO Council determined that the GNSO Improvements
Operations Steering Committee had completed its work in producing
Recommendations to Develop a Global Outreach Program to Broaden
Participation in the GNSO (See *
http://gnso.icann.org/drafts/global-outreach-recommendations-21jan11-en.pdf.
*)  The recommendations are part of the GNSO Improvements Process directed
by the Board Governance Committee in its Report.  (See *
http://www.icann.org/topics/gnso-improvements/gnso-improvements-report-03feb08.pdf
*. )  The mission of the Outreach Task Force (OTF) is to develop strategies
to attract new participants in GNSO activities, and identify activities that
may improve the visibility, understanding and participation in the GNSO.

The Council directed ICANN staff to invite members of the GNSO Stakeholder
Groups and Constituencies to volunteer to form an Outreach Task Force
Charter Drafting Team (OTF-DT).  The members of the OTF-DT are:

Tony Harris – ISP
Carlos Aguirre – NCA
Olga Cavalli - NCA (chair)
Amr Elsadr – NCSG
Debra Hughes - NCSG
Roy Dykes – RySG –NeuStar

Observers:
Stephane van Gelder – GNSO Council chair
Mary Wong – GNSO Council vice chair
Jeff Neuman – GNSO Council vice chair

Staff Support: Julie Hedlund, Gisella Gruber, and Glen de Saint Géry

forum.icann.org/lists/gnso-otf-dt/*>

The OTF-DT has produced the attached Draft Charter and is seeking comments
from the Stakeholder Groups and Constituencies.  We urge you to send
comments, suggestions, and questions by ***10 October 2011*** to Julie
Hedlund at *julie.hedlund@xxxxxxxxx*.

I want to thank all members of our drafting team that worked very hard in
producing this document, and also to the staff that gave support to our
work, Julie, Glen and Gisella.

If you have any doubt or question please let me know.

Many thanks and best regards

Olga