ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-pednr-dt]

Re: [gnso-pednr-dt] Further information for our call later today

  • To: gnso-pednr-dt@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-pednr-dt] Further information for our call later today
  • From: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 09:13:47 -0400

Hi,

I checked with legal counsel on this one before creating the agenda.

We are probably ok as we did explicitly resolve for a WG to be chartered in the PDP motion and got a vote of sufficient threshold. This is a wrinkle in the use of absentee ballot with PDP votes, the vote that must be taken immediately after during in the same meeting cannot be taken immediately after during the same meeting. This needs fixing in the by-laws.

I recommend that once we get to crafting the motion for this that we include a line in the whereas section something like:

... as the GNSO council decided to create a WG in order to execute this PDP ...

I am checking with legal counsel now on the utility of such a line and how it should be worded if it should be included at all.

So yes, in answer to your question, those who are participating in this team are asked to draft a charter and a motion for the council to vote on. Being able to do so in Sydney or at the meeting right after, would be good.

thanks for asking.

a.