RE: [gnso-pednr-dt] PEDNR workshop
- To: "marika konings" <marika.konings@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: RE: [gnso-pednr-dt] PEDNR workshop
- From: "Tim Ruiz" <tim@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 28 May 2009 07:42:48 -0700
Domain Name end-of-life cycle - Please do not use the term *theory*.
This should be a fact based presentation of the cycle and fact based
information on how registrars or registries use it. If Rob can do it, he
should have at least an outline to the WG for review by 12 June.
-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [gnso-pednr-dt] PEDNR workshop
From: Marika Konings <marika.konings@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, May 28, 2009 7:31 am
To: Alan Greenberg <alan.greenberg@xxxxxxxxx>,
Thanks Alan for your feedback. As this meeting is likely to be the
kick-off for the WG, would the following agenda make sense and address
+ The ALAC Request – issues identified and envisioned outcomes (Alan)
+ The Issues Report – overview and recommendations (Marika)
+ The role of compliance in the Expired Domain Name Deletion Policy -
(ICANN compliance department – if available)
+ Domain Name end-of-life cycle – theory and practice (Rob Hall – if
+ Exchange of views on PEDNR Charter questions (All):
- Whether adequate opportunity exists for registrants to redeem
their expired domain names;
- Whether expiration-related provisions in typical registration
agreements are clear and conspicuous enough;
- Whether adequate notice exists to alert registrants of
- Whether additional measures need to be implemented to
indicate that once a domain name enters the Auto-Renew Grace Period, it
has expired (e.g., hold status, a
notice on the site with a link to information on how to renew, or other
options to be determined).
- Whether to allow the transfer of a domain name during the
On 5/27/09 11:35 AM, "Alan Greenberg"
At 27/05/2009 03:27 AM, Marika Konings wrote:
In addition to the development of a proposed charter, I am hoping to
get your thoughts and ideas for the programme of the workshop on
Post-Expiration Domain Name Recovery that has been scheduled for
Wednesday 24 June from 14.00 – 16.00 in Sydney (see
http://syd.icann.org/node/3869) to allow for a first exchange of views
with the broader community on these issues and hopefully attract
additional people to join the Working Group.
Marika, thanks for starting this.
I think that two parts that are required are:
1. A tutorial on the end-of-life cycle both as originally imagined and
what is actually happening.
2. A summary of what those who initiated this process imagine as
I would be happy to participate in both parts (assuming a decision is
made soon to give me time to prepare).
Part 1. could also be done by staff. Alternately, perhaps Rob hall could
be convinced to present such a review. He did something similar in