ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-pednr-dt]

RE: RESEND: [gnso-pednr-dt] Further information for our call later today

  • To: "Alan Greenberg" <alan.greenberg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: RESEND: [gnso-pednr-dt] Further information for our call later today
  • From: "Tim Ruiz" <tim@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 03 Jun 2009 11:45:07 -0700

Agreed.

 Tim

  -------- Original Message --------
Subject: RESEND: [gnso-pednr-dt] Further information for our call later
today
From: Alan Greenberg <alan.greenberg@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, June 03, 2009 1:33 pm
To: "gnso-pednr-dt@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-pednr-dt@xxxxxxxxx>

Apparently this did not make it to the list, so I
am resending it again through another mail agent. Alan
========================

Tim, your expanded text is fine with one major exception.

Under the initial tasks of the WG you have:

"1. Pursue the availability of further
information from ICANN compliance staff to
understand how current RAA provisions and
consensus policies regarding deletion,
auto-renewal, and recovery of domain names during the RGP are enforced;"

This limits the study to the period of the RGP.
In fact, the WG should be looking at the entire
period following the expiration of a domain name.
Replacing "during the RGP" by "following expiration" fixes it.

Alan