ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-pednr-dt]

Re: [gnso-pednr-dt] For your review - Updated PEDNR WG Charter

  • To: Tim Ruiz <tim@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "gnso-pednr-dt@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-pednr-dt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-pednr-dt] For your review - Updated PEDNR WG Charter
  • From: Marika Konings <marika.konings@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2009 04:43:51 -0700

As the group prefers. I'm happy to liaise with Rob directly, but he can also be
added to the mailing list (or both). Before getting in touch with him, I would
just like to confirm the programme as it was discussed yesterday on the call. I
have added a draft timing to the programme for your consideration.

Draft Agenda - Post-Expiration Domain Name Recovery Workshop
Wednesday 24 June - 14:00 - 16:00

14:00 - 14:10   The ALAC Request - issues identified and envisioned outcomes by
Alan Greenberg, ALAC
14:10 - 14:15   Q & A
14:15 - 14:25   The PEDNR Issues Report - overview and recommendations by
Marika Konings, ICANN
14:25 - 14:30   Q & A
14:30 - 14:40   The role of compliance in the Expired Domain Name Deletion
Policy by William McKelligott, ICANN
14:40 - 14:45   Q & A
14:45 - 15:05   Domain Name end-of-life cycle by Rob Hall
15:05 - 15:15   Q & A
15:15 - 16:00   Exchange of views on PEDNR Charter Questions
                            - Whether adequate opportunity exists for
registrants to redeem their expired domain names;
                 - Whether expiration-related provisions in typical
registration agreements are clear and conspicuous enough;
                           - Whether adequate notice exists to alert
registrants of upcoming expirations;
                            - Whether additional measures need to be
implemented to indicate that once a domain name enters the Auto-Renew Grace
Period, it has expired (e.g., hold status, a notice on the site with a link to
information on how to renew, or other                               options to
be determined).
                            - Whether to allow the transfer of a domain name
during the RGP.

I look forward to receiving your feedback.

Best regards,

Marika