ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-pednr-dt]

Re: [gnso-pednr-dt] For your review - Updated PEDNR WG Charter

  • To: "gnso-pednr-dt@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-pednr-dt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-pednr-dt] For your review - Updated PEDNR WG Charter
  • From: Alan Greenberg <alan.greenberg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 08 Jun 2009 12:24:30 -0400

I am happy with the text of the charter. The time line may be problematic. If"T" is the 24th of June (GNSO Council meeting in Sydney), we have

Initial Report: T + 170 days = 11 Dec 2009
First comment period ends: T + 190 days = 31 Dec 2009
Preliminary Final Report: T + 210 days = 20 Jan 2009

That puts the comment period right over the Christmas break. If we slip a few weeks, it puts pulling together the Initial Report over that period. Neither are acceptable.

I think that we have two options:

1. Decrease the first two periods to 150 and 170. That puts the deadline for the initial report at 3 weeks after Seoul, presuming we could have worked out an acceptable solution during a face-to-face meeting, and give a longer period for final drafting factoring in Christmas.

2. Increase the last two periods to 200 and 220, putting the deadline for comments at 01 Jan 10 and the report deadline at 30 Jan 10.

I can live with either. Option 2 gives us a bit more time, but is still agressive.

Alan