ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-pednr-dt]

[gnso-pednr-dt] GoDaddy.com FAQ Document

  • Subject: [gnso-pednr-dt] GoDaddy.com FAQ Document
  • From: "James M. Bladel" <jbladel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 15:03:28 -0700

Team:

As mentioned during our call yesterday, I submit for your consideration
this page from our public Help Center, which outlines how we handle
domain name expiration:

http://help.godaddy.com/article/608

Please note that we begin sending notifications well in advance of
expiry, and up to 12 days -following- the expiration date.
Additionally, the application of any redemption fees (beyond the renewal
fee already paid to the registry) are not applied until 19 days -after-
expiration.

Also, I need to offer a correction.  The name will stop resolving to the
intended website (and instead go to a notification page) upon the first
failed attempt to bill the renewal.  We've found that this is an
effective way to notify registrants who are not responding to emails
-before- any additional fees kick in.

Certainly the process & time lines will vary between registrars, but I
wanted to share this document in the hopes of informing our
deliberations.

Looking forward to our next discussion.

Thank you,

J.