ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-pednr-dt]

[gnso-pednr-dt] FW: EDDP / RAA

  • To: PEDNR <gnso-pednr-dt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-pednr-dt] FW: EDDP / RAA
  • From: Marika Konings <marika.konings@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 May 2010 11:42:18 -0700

As discussed.

With best regards,

Marika

------ Forwarded Message
From: "Marika.Konings" <marika.konings@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2010 02:04:40 -0700
To: Alan Greenberg <alan.greenberg@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: EDDP / RAA

Hi Alan,

With regard to the question whether the WG should refer to modifying the EDDP,
the RAA or creating new consensus policies, it is worth noting that the RAA
2009 Section 4.2.4 still mentions that one of the topics for new and revised
policies is "principles for allocation of Registered Names (e.g.,
first-come/first-served, timely renewal, holding period after expiration)", so
that would cover any new consensus policies in relation to these issues.
However, if there would be discussion over whether the new recommendations are
within the picket fence, it might theoretically be marginally more defensible
to say that we're revising the EDDP rather than making up a brand-new
post-expiration policy. Also it would probably be less confusing that way since
we could then mark the "old" EDDP as the old policy, and add a link to the new
policy.  I guess those considerations would probably not apply though if the
new recommendations went well-beyond the subject of expired domain deletion
policy.

With best regards,

Marika