ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-pednr-dt]

Re: [gnso-pednr-dt] For your review - Updated recommendations

  • To: "berrycobb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <berrycobb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Mike O'Conner" <mike@xxxxxxxxxx>, "owner-gnso-pednr-dt@xxxxxxxxx" <owner-gnso-pednr-dt@xxxxxxxxx>, MICHAEL YOUNG <myoung@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-pednr-dt] For your review - Updated recommendations
  • From: Alan Greenberg <alan.greenberg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2011 16:52:37 -0500

Do we still want a recommendation saying that it would be important for registrants/registrars and we advocate it being considered in some forum, (but not ours)? That is basically what the proposed wording was trying to say. Or do we want to simply be silent on it.

I personally think that our discussion of this issue that impacts both registrants and registrars adversely should not just be dropped but should be referenced in our recommendations (even though we are not advocating a particular solution now).

Alan