ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-pednr-dt]

<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

Re: [gnso-pednr-dt] For review - proposed presentation

• To: Jeff Eckhaus <eckhaus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-pednr-dt] For review - proposed presentation
  • Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2011 13:55:03 -0500

Although I didn't like the wording, the report regularly uses the expression "most registrars" to mean the registrars serving most of the registrants. We could use the same thing here.

How about

The WG believes that our recommendations:

- will provide additional guarantees to registrants;
- will improve registrant education and comprehension;
- are in line with current registrar practices and will have minimal impact on most registrars.

Alan

At 08/03/2011 01:33 PM, Jeff Eckhaus wrote:
Alan ? I am just trying to prepare ourselves for the reaction from the community and decide whether or not a summary works. As we know many people will just read the summary and then we will have reactions like the one I mentioned below. My comment has nothing to do with my satisfaction or dissatisfaction with the report

From: Alan Greenberg <<mailto:alan.greenberg@xxxxxxxxx>alan.greenberg@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2011 10:04:56 -0800
To: Jeffrey Eckhaus <<mailto:eckhaus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>eckhaus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Marika Konings <<mailto:marika.konings@xxxxxxxxx>marika.konings@xxxxxxxxx>, PEDNR <<mailto:gnso-pednr-dt@xxxxxxxxx>gnso-pednr-dt@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [gnso-pednr-dt] For review - proposed presentation

Yes, "largest".

I am sure we do care about the impact on the smaller registrars. Just as some of us care that we aren't providing a guaranteed 30 days. I didn't think that this presentation is the right place to be airing our dissatisfaction with parts of the outcome, but rather to be highlighting what we did accomplish.

Alan

At 08/03/2011 09:53 AM, Jeff Eckhaus wrote:
Alan,
I assume you meant largest registrars below and it is a typo. If that is the case why do we not care about the impact to smaller registrars, where these changes will most likely have the adverse impact?

Jeff

On Mar 8, 2011, at 6:27 AM, "Alan Greenberg" <<mailto:alan.greenberg@xxxxxxxxx>alan.greenberg@xxxxxxxxx > wrote:

Thinking about it more, I think we need a summary prior to the recommendations giving the overall direction of the recs. Without trying to word-smith it, something like:

The WG's overall intent was to:

- provide additional guarantees to registrants
- improve registrant education and comprehension
- have minimal impact of the current business practices of the larges registrars serving the majority of registrants

How does this sound?

Alan

At 07/03/2011 10:07 PM, Alan Greenberg wrote:
Thanks Marika,

Overall it looks great. I do think, however, that we need to be prepared to give a more in depth presentation on at least some of the recommendations. There will not be time to present these formally during the GNSO meeting, but we may well get some questions where a further slide could help. And during the public session, I think it almost mandatory that we go into some more detail.

If there is general approval for this, I would be happy to pull together some further slides and share them with the WG prior to the weekend.

With regard to the presentations, and particularly the public one, I think it important that we share the job of presenting the recommendations. So I would like some volunteers...

Alan

At 07/03/2011 03:29 AM, Marika Konings wrote:
Dear All,

Please find attached for your review the proposed presentation for the different PEDNR meetings in San Francisco. As a reminder, the following meetings are currently scheduled: * Saturday 12 March from 9.30 ? 10.00 (local time) ? Update to the GNSO Council (l (Tower Salon A) * Monday 14 March from 16.30 ? 118.00 (local time) - Presentation & Discussion of Post-Expiration Domain Name Recovery Draft Final Report (Tower Salon A) Feel free to share your comments on the mailing list and/or tomorrow's PEDNR WG meeting.

With best regards,

Marika

----------
Please NOTE: This electronic message, including any attachments, may include privileged, confidential and/or inside information owned by Demand Media, Inc. Any distribution or use of this communication by anyone other than the intended recipient(s) is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender by replying to this message and then delete it from your system. Thank you.

----------
Please NOTE: This electronic message, including any attachments, may include privileged, confidential and/or inside information owned by Demand Media, Inc. Any distribution or use of this communication by anyone other than the intended recipient(s) is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender by replying to this message and then delete it from your system. Thank you.

<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy