ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-pednr-dt]

Re: [gnso-pednr-dt] Re: ALAC Request for 15 day extension to PEDNR PC

  • To: "Michele Neylon :: Blacknight" <michele@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Diaz, Paul" <pdiaz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-pednr-dt] Re: ALAC Request for 15 day extension to PEDNR PC
  • From: Alan Greenberg <alan.greenberg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2011 14:13:06 -0400

After discussing it with Marika, I don't think the impact is major, and based on the few comments so far, I think it is a good idea (for the record, I was not party to the ALAC discussions leading to the request for extension). I know that Cheryl (as did I) had originally thought that the comment period would not open until after SFO, so the request is in line with her original intent when setting the comment period length.

The report goes to counsel, so although it would be good to make the Singapore posting deadline of May 30th, I think that our real deadline is 8 days before the counsel meeting to get a resolution on the GNSO agenda. (I don't think there was any intent to hold another public meeting in Singapore - was there??)

Marika is on vacation the week of the 25th but will have a summary ready for us (perhaps excluding any last-minute comments which will have to be incorporated later).

I would suggest that we keep the meeting scheduled for the 12th (or move it to the 19th) and use it to lock down the text for the final report excluding the recommendations. I plan to do a full review in the next week, and if others do this as well, we can then focus only on the recommendations in our last weeks.

Alan