ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-pednr-dt]

<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

Re: [gnso-pednr-dt] Re: ALAC Request for 15 day extension to PEDNR PC

• To: "Michele Neylon :: Blacknight" <michele@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Diaz, Paul" <pdiaz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-pednr-dt] Re: ALAC Request for 15 day extension to PEDNR PC
  • Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2011 14:13:06 -0400

After discussing it with Marika, I don't think the impact is major, and based on the few comments so far, I think it is a good idea (for the record, I was not party to the ALAC discussions leading to the request for extension). I know that Cheryl (as did I) had originally thought that the comment period would not open until after SFO, so the request is in line with her original intent when setting the comment period length.

The report goes to counsel, so although it would be good to make the Singapore posting deadline of May 30th, I think that our real deadline is 8 days before the counsel meeting to get a resolution on the GNSO agenda. (I don't think there was any intent to hold another public meeting in Singapore - was there??)

Marika is on vacation the week of the 25th but will have a summary ready for us (perhaps excluding any last-minute comments which will have to be incorporated later).

I would suggest that we keep the meeting scheduled for the 12th (or move it to the 19th) and use it to lock down the text for the final report excluding the recommendations. I plan to do a full review in the next week, and if others do this as well, we can then focus only on the recommendations in our last weeks.

Alan

At 25/03/2011 09:53 AM, Michele Neylon :: Blacknight wrote:
How does this extension impact timelines?

Mr. Michele Neylon
Blacknight
<http://Blacknight.tel>http://Blacknight.tel

Via iPhone so excuse typos and brevity

On 25 Mar 2011, at 14:24, "Diaz, Paul" <<mailto:pdiaz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>pdiaz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Would this mean no PEDNR WG meeting until the week of 25 April?

----------
From: <mailto:owner-gnso-pednr-dt@xxxxxxxxx>owner-gnso-pednr-dt@xxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-gnso-pednr-dt@xxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Marika Konings
Sent: Friday, March 25, 2011 4:08 AM
To:<mailto:gnso-pednr-dt@xxxxxxxxx> <mailto:gnso-pednr-dt@xxxxxxxxx>gnso-pednr-dt@xxxxxxxxx
Cc: ICANN At-Large Staff; Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond; Heidi Ullrich
Subject: [gnso-pednr-dt] Re: ALAC Request for 15 day extension to PEDNR PC

Dear All,

Please find below a request from the ALAC to extend the PEDNR Public Comment Period until Friday 22 April. If there are no objections, I will update the public comment forum and announcement to reflect the change in closing date.

With best regards,

Marika

From: <mailto:Heidi.Ullrich@xxxxxxxxx>Heidi Ullrich <<mailto:Heidi.Ullrich@xxxxxxxxx>Heidi.Ullrich@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2011 16:01:36 -0700
To: <mailto:marika.konings@xxxxxxxxx>Marika Konings <<mailto:marika.konings@xxxxxxxxx>marika.konings@xxxxxxxxx> Cc: <mailto:staff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>ICANN At-Large Staff <<mailto:staff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>staff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:ocl@xxxxxxx>>, Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond <<mailto:ocl@xxxxxxx>ocl@xxxxxxx>
Subject: ALAC Request for 15 day extension to PEDNR PC

Dear Marika,

On behalf of the ALAC Chair, Olivier Crépin-Leblond, I would like to formally request a 15 day extension to the public comment on the Post-Expiration Domain Name Recovery Working Group Proposed Final Report which currently is scheduled to close on 7 April. This request is made due to the very high number of public comments that are currently open to which the ALAC will be submitting statements.

The new proposed closing date of this public comment should therefore be Friday, 22 April.

Could you please confirm that this request will be honored?

Kind regards,
Heidi

Heidi Ullrich

Director for At-Large

Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN)

Telephone: + 1 (310) 578 - 8647

Fax: +1 (310) 823 - 8649

Cell/Mobile: +1 (310) 437 - 3956

<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy