ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-pednr-dt]

<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

RE: [gnso-pednr-dt] REMINDER: For Final Review by Monday 6 June - PEDNR Final Report

• To: Michael Young <michael@xxxxxxxxxx>, "'Marika Konings'" <marika.konings@xxxxxxxxx>, "gnso-pednr-dt@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-pednr-dt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-pednr-dt] REMINDER: For Final Review by Monday 6 June - PEDNR Final Report
  • Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2011 01:22:31 -0400

Although he did not say it, the comments of re-jigging the formatting seem to apply to section 7.4 on comments to the proposed final report.

I have no problem with what Michael is suggesting, but I tend to feel that we should keep changes at a minimum at this time. I think that the bulk of his problem might be addressed by simply inserting the Charter questions in the table preceding each group of Recs that address them. Repeating the Recs twice as Michael suggests seems overkill.

I will also note that if we go ahead as discussed an renumber the Recs for the final report, we really need to annotate the Recs in section 7.4 to reflect the new number as well as the old.

Alan

At 06/06/2011 08:52 AM, Michael Young wrote:
Hi Marika,

First of all, thanks so much for all the hard work, I don't see how we could have gotten this done without your extensive efforts.

I have some notes on the way the document is laid out. It's is a bit of a monster with so many data points and the sheer volume of discussion output from a long running working group.

While I like the comments sorted out against the charter questions, the way they are numbered 1-57 with the questions interposed (without numerical cross-reference) is confusing. Also I would like to see the charter questions clearly related to both the comments and the recommendations. Particularly since some of the comments really refer back to details on the recommendations.

I suggest the following structure/layout to make this easy to digest for non working group members.

Each Charter Question gets a sub-section:
Charter Questions One:

1.       CHARTER QUESTION HERE:

Recommendations go in as sub-points

I. Recommendation "abc"
                                          II.            Recommendation "xyz"

Comments in reference to Charter Question and/or recommendation go in as further sub-points to Recommendations:

I. Recommendation "abc"
a)      First comment

II.            Recommendation "xyz"

b)      Second comment
c)       Third etc

Comments directly related to the Charter Question are placed after the recommendations in a sub-section marked General comments.

Lastly you could place at the end of each Charter Question Section and minority viewpoints or ideas as related directly to the charter question or the comments submitted.

This places the comments in context of the related recommendations and the related Charter Question. It reduces the chance of misunderstanding the intent of a comment or the issue it is trying to either raise or the support it is trying to offer.

I hope you find these comments useful.

Best Regards,

Michael Young
M:+1-647-289-1220

From: owner-gnso-pednr-dt@xxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-gnso-pednr-dt@xxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Marika Konings
Sent: June-06-11 4:02 AM
To: Marika Konings; gnso-pednr-dt@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [gnso-pednr-dt] REMINDER: For Final Review by Monday 6 June - PEDNR Final Report

REMINDER

From: Marika Konings <<mailto:marika.konings@xxxxxxxxx>marika.konings@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2011 00:59:44 -0700
To: "<mailto:gnso-pednr-dt@xxxxxxxxx>gnso-pednr-dt@xxxxxxxxx" <<mailto:gnso-pednr-dt@xxxxxxxxx>gnso-pednr-dt@xxxxxxxxx> Subject: [gnso-pednr-dt] For Final Review by Monday 6 June - PEDNR Final Report

Dear All,

Please find posted on the wiki (<https://community.icann.org/display/gnsopednr/Next+Meeting>https://community.icann.org/display/gnsopednr/Next+Meeting) for final review the latest version of the PEDNR Final Report. This version incorporates the changes discussed on yesterday's meeting, in addition to some other updates to reflect the status of the report and minor edits. Note that the recommendations in the executive summary still need to be updated to reflect the final language as in section 8. Also, there was agreement to reorganize the recommendations to group related ones together. This will also happen following finalization of the language of the recommendations.

Note that the report currently states that 'All the recommendations listed below have full consensus support from the Working Group'. If you disagree with this assessment, please share your views with the mailing list and indicate with which recommendations you disagree and would like to submit a minority viewpoint.

Please send your comments, edits and/or suggestions to the mailing list at the latest by Monday 6 June, close of business (wherever you are). The objective is to review and discuss any remaining issues during next week's meeting on Tuesday 7 June, following which the report will be finalized for submission to the GNSO Council.

With best regards,

Marika

<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy