ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-pednr-dt]

<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

Re: [gnso-pednr-dt] For Final Review - PEDNR Final Report

• To: Marika Konings <marika.konings@xxxxxxxxx>, "gnso-pednr-dt@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-pednr-dt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-pednr-dt] For Final Review - PEDNR Final Report
  • Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2011 00:23:43 -0400

A few comments/suggestions. I don't think that any of them are controversial.

I have not yet done a full read-through but focused on the Recs as shown in the Exec Summary and the preamble to the Recs in Section 8.

Line 148: Replace "each of the" with "the five". The way it is now, it sounds like we have 18 Recs for each charter question.

Line 155: The pointer for the charter questions can be back to section 1.1 of the Exec Summary.

Footnote after line 212: It looks like there is an extra blank after "information".

Footnote after line 212: My recollection is that we talked about intercepting port 443 (secure - https) and it was pointed out that generally a registrar could not do this due to certificates not matching. However, I don't think that there is any harm in leaving the possibility as in this footnote. I am not sure what the meaning of "only one IP" is.

Michele, as our resident technical expert, are you happy with the wording here?

Line 207: For clarity, I would replace "Wording" with "Wording in the policy".

Line 344/5: Replace "is requested to provide updates" with "be requested to provide updates to the GNSO Council"

Comment analysis after line 1212, box after comment 9, two occurrences of RNHAE instead of RHNaE.

I had suggested that we add a statement on implementation timelines. Unless it is there somewhere and I didn't notice it, I suggest that we add a new paragraph after line 1236:

The WG recognizes that the implementation timeline for some of the recommendations may be different from others. The recommendations should be implemented as quickly as practicable without introducing delays simply to keep the implementations synchronized.

Alan 

<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy