ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-policyimpl-wg]

[gnso-policyimpl-wg] UPDATED: Attendance and Recording Policy and Implementation WG meeting - 21 August 2013

  • To: "gnso-policyimpl-wg@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-policyimpl-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-policyimpl-wg] UPDATED: Attendance and Recording Policy and Implementation WG meeting - 21 August 2013
  • From: Nathalie Peregrine <nathalie.peregrine@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2013 23:33:08 -0700

From: owner-gnso-secs@xxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-gnso-secs@xxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Nathalie Peregrine
Sent: Thursday, August 22, 2013 8:31 AM
To: gnso-policyimpl-wg@xxxxxxxxx
Cc: gnso-secs@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [gnso-secs] UPDATED: Attendance and Recording Policy and
Implementation WG meeting - 21 August 2013

Dear All,

The next Policy and Implementation Working Group teleconference is scheduled
for  the Wednesday 4th September 2013 at 1900 UTC for 1,5 hrs.

Please find the MP3 recording for the Policy and Implementation Working group
call held on Wednesday 21 August 2013 at 19:00 UTC at:

http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-policy-implementation-20130821en.mp3

On page:
http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#<http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#may>aug

Calendar page:
http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/

Attendees:
Holly Raiche - ALAC
Greg Shatan - IPC
Anne Aikman Scalese - IPC
Wolf Knoben - ISPCP
Chuck Gomes - RySG
Gideon Rop - Individual
Olga Cavalli - GAC
Alan Greenberg - ALAC
Jeff Neuman - RySG (Council liaison)
Klaus Stoll - NPOC
Philip Marano - IPC
Maureen Cubberley - Individual
Avri Doria - NCSG
Michael Graham - IPC
Eric Brunner-Williams- Individual
Becky Burr - RySG
J.Scott Evans - BC
Edward Morris - NCSG
Olevie Kouami - NPOC
Nic Steinbach - RrSG
Kiran Malancharuvil - IPC
Brian Beckham - IPC
Amr Elsadr - NCUC

Apologies:
Tim Ruiz - RrSG
Tom Barrett - RrSG
James Bladel - RrSG

ICANN staff:
Marika Konings
Lars Hoffman
Julia Charvolen
Glen de St Gery
Nathalie Peregrine

 Wiki page: https://community.icann.org/x/y1V-Ag

Thank you.
Kind regards,
Nathalie Peregrine
For GNSO Secretariat

Adobe Chat Transcript for Monday 21 August 2013:

  Marika Konings:Welcome to the first meeting of the Policy & Implementation WG
on 21 August 2013

  Gideon Rop:thank you

  Nathalie  Peregrine:Dear all, due to a technical difficulty, there will be no
audio enabled in the AC roon, please all dial into the audio bridge with the
passcode POLICY

  Nathalie  Peregrine:Please provide me with a dial out number so the operator
can call you.

 Olga Cavalli:hello! im also in the phone!

  Alan Greenberg:Alan here....

  Olga Cavalli:Yes Im here!

  Holly Raiche:Holly here - have provided a dial out number

  Avri Doria:Its sound not activated? Or its it me?

  Marika Konings:@Avri - no, there is a technical difficulty, so no audio on AC
for this meeting

  Marika Konings:we hope to have it fixed for the next one. Apologies for the
inconvenience.

  Avri Doria:Oh, ok

  Nathalie  Peregrine:Edward Morris has joined the AC room

  Nathalie  Peregrine:@ Edward, there is no audio today in the AC room, please
join the Audio bridge, password POLICY

  Nathalie  Peregrine:Please let me know if you require a dial out

  Edward Morris:@Nathalie. Could you provide a dial in number from the UK or
link to the audio bridge numbers? Thanks

  Nathalie  Peregrine:For the UK Toll number" 44-121-210-9025

  Amr Elsadr:Just joined the call.

  Nathalie  Peregrine:Greg Shatan has joined the audio bridge

  Nathalie  Peregrine:Olevie Kouami has joined the AC room and the audio bridge

  olevie:hi !

  Olga Cavalli:audio is not very good....

  Nathalie  Peregrine:Olga would you like us to dial out to you?

  olevie:the audio is too low

  Olga Cavalli:lets see may be it depends on who is talkng...

  Olga Cavalli:edward sounds better

  Nathalie  Peregrine:Please let me know if you need a dial out

  Olga Cavalli:ok

  olevie:could you tell us who is speaking, please ?

  Alan Greenberg:Greg Shatan

  olevie:ok

  olevie:thxs

  Nathalie  Peregrine:Brian Beckham has joined the audio bridge

  olevie:are you hearing me

  olevie:?

  Alan Greenberg:Canot hear Olga

  olevie:nothing from Olga

  olevie:can't you type in AC ?

  olevie:chat room ?

  Olga Cavalli:Hi briefly; im Olga from Argentina, presently GAC representative
of my country, I was GNSO council member for 4 years and I am very mcuh
interested in the implementation process delineation form a mulltistakeholder
perrspective

  olevie:great dear Olga

  olevie:txs

  Olga Cavalli:my audio is not good :(

  olevie:same to me

  olevie:too low

  olevie:Olevie KOUAMI from Togo, NCSG and NPOC member. I would like to
volunteer in the Generic Names Supporting Organization (GNSO) Working Team that
has been tasked to address the issues that have been raised in the context of
the recent discussions on policy & implementation that affect the GNSO and the
new gTLDs.As a representative from Africa and in the spirit of the principle of
multistakerholderism adopt by the ICANN, I'm willing to actively participate in
this working team to exchange, learn and provide the GNSO Council with the
recommendations needing including the particular points of views from african
ecosystem perspective with this new context in general.

  Marika Konings:Please note that Gideon's affiliation was incorrectly listed
as NPOC. It has been updated now to individual on the wiki. If there are any
other errors with regard to affiliation, please let me know.

  olevie:my affiliation is NPOC,please

  Marika Konings:Thanks, Olivie. That has already been updated as well as a
link to your SOI. See https://community.icann.org/x/81V-Ag.

  olevie:https://community.icann.org/display/gnsosoi/Olevie+Kouami+SOI

  olevie:ok

  olevie:thank you dezr Marika

  Nathalie  Peregrine:we're looking into the audio disturbance

  Nathalie  Peregrine:Please all mute your phones if you are not speaking,
thank you!

  Marika Konings:Yes, the link is in the charter and has also been posted in
the background section document on the wiki:
https://community.icann.org/x/_VV-Ag

  Klaus Stoll:I am part of the call and listening via phone but I can not voice
out for some reason

  Nathalie  Peregrine:Klaus, I do not see you on the audio bridge

  Nathalie  Peregrine:there is no audio in the AC room, please join the bridge
passcode POLICY

  Klaus Stoll:yes, but when I unmute and want to talk nobody seems to hear me

  Nathalie  Peregrine:Yes I have alerted the operator

  Klaus Stoll:I am on the phone

  Nathalie  Peregrine:please try now

  Michael Graham:There I go -- off the guidelines already!

  Amr Elsadr:Thnx Marika.

  Nic Steinbach:I think that sounds good Jeff

  Phil Marano:No objection

  Nathalie  Peregrine:Olevie is not muted on the bridge

  Anne Aikman-Scalese:Was Olivie volunteering as Co-Vice Chair?

  Phil Marano:I thought I saw that "disagree mark" since the call pretty much
began.

  Marika Konings:FYI, the wiki issue should be fixed now.

  olevie 2:yes. I'm volunteering as co chair

  Amr Elsadr:@Marika..., thnx again.

  olevie 2:co-vice-chair sorry ;-)

  Avri Doria:This time good for me

  Anne Aikman-Scalese:Good time for me

  Chuck Gomes:Is this a really bad time for anyone?

  Amr Elsadr:This time is good for me too.

  Avri Doria:Why not?

  Nic Steinbach:Good for me.

  Olga Cavalli:I would prefer earlier but I can manage

  olevie 2:anytime is good for me :-)

  olevie 2:2 weeks ?

  olevie 2:for the next meeting or what ?

  olevie 2:i don't understand

  Marika Konings:@Chuck - yes, I can co-ordinate that for you all

  Marika Konings:@Olevie - the next meeting of this WG will take place in two
weeks (4 September at 19.00 UTC)

  olevie 2:ok. tks Marika

  olevie 2:ok

  olevie 2:THANK YOU

  Anne Aikman-Scalese:every two weeks for 90 minutes is my vote - the time is
good now

  Amr Elsadr:@Anne +1

  Alan Greenberg:6 am there now.

  Kiran:every two weeks is better for me too

  Edward Morris:support Holly's idea re. Doodle

  Chuck Gomes:Thanks Jeff.

  Amr Elsadr:Thnx Jeff. Bye.

  olevie 2:BYE BYE

  Olga Cavalli:bye!