ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-policyimpl-wg]

[gnso-policyimpl-wg] Attendance and Recording Policy and Implementation WG meeting - 18th September 2013

  • To: "gnso-policyimpl-wg@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-policyimpl-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-policyimpl-wg] Attendance and Recording Policy and Implementation WG meeting - 18th September 2013
  • From: Nathalie Peregrine <nathalie.peregrine@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2013 13:52:27 -0700

Dear All,

Please note that exceptionally, the next Policy and Implementation Working
Group teleconference is scheduled for next Wednesday 25th September 2013 at
2000 UTC for 1,5 hrs. Please note that this call is scheduled for next week,
and not in two weeks' time, and one hour later than usual.

Please find the MP3 recording for the Policy and Implementation Working group
call held on Wednesday 18th September  2013 at 19:00 UTC at:

http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-policy-implementation-20130918-en.mp3

On page:
http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#<http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#may>sep

Calendar page:
http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/

Attendees:
Holly Raiche - ALAC
Greg Shatan - IPC
Anne Aikman Scalese - IPC
Wolf Knoben - ISPCP
Chuck Gomes - RySG
Olga Cavalli - GAC
Philip Marano - IPC
Michael Graham - IPC
Olevie Kouami - NPOC
Nic Steinbach - RrSG
Kiran Malancharuvil - IPC
Amr Elsadr - NCUC
Tim Ruiz - RrSG
Tom Barrett - RrSG
James Bladel - RrSG
Cheryl Langdon-Orr - ALAC
Aparna Sridhar - BC
Kristine Rosette - IPC
Brian Beckham - IPC

Apology:
Alan Greenberg - ALAC
Edward Morris - NCSG
Maureen Cubberley - Individual
Avri Doria - NCSG

ICANN staff:
Marika Konings
Tim Cole
Lars Hoffman
Glen de St Gery
Nathalie Peregrine

 Wiki page: https://community.icann.org/x/y1V-Ag

Thank you.
Kind regards,
Nathalie Peregrine
For GNSO Secretariat

Adobe Chat Transcript for Monday 18th September 2013:

Marika Konings:Welcome to the Policy & Implementation WG meeting of 18
September 2013

  Olga Cavalli:hi!

  Tim Cole:Hello everyone!

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:hi Tim

  Chuck Gomes:I was disconnected the first time I called in. Waiting for an
operator again.

  Kiran:waiting for an operator

  Bladel:Waiting for an operator...

  Amr Elsadr:Same here. Waiting for an operator.

  Greg Shatan:I will join on audio in about 15 minutes.  Seems others may be
late not by choice...

  Nathalie  Peregrine:We have informed the oeprastor that several of you are
wiaitiing to enter the bridge

  Amr Elsadr:Thnx Nathalie. Waited for about 7 minutes for an operator on a
call yesterday. Not the normal response time.

  Amr Elsadr:They're usually much quicker.

  Kiran:The operator seems confused.  She tried to join me to a call that
wasn't even ICANN related.  :-/

  Nathalie  Peregrine:This is new provider so apologies for the inconvenience

  Amr Elsadr:Just joined the call. The operator asked to confirm if my call is
an ICANN call or not. :)

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:thanks chuck

  Anne Aikman-Scalese:@ Marika -  The text is the mind map is very small.  I
realize you likely wanted to get this on one page - not sure it can really work
that way.  I had it blown up.

  Kristina Rosette:Sorry I'm late.  Took a couple minutes to get onto the call.

  Marika Konings:@Anne - you  mean in the pdf format? Yes, it is meant to be
viewed on a screen so you can enlarge it,  not for printing.

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:yes Kristina it seems to be an issue for people  today for
some reason

  Nathalie  Peregrine:Thank you nTim, noted.

  Anne Aikman-Scalese:@Marika - when you enlarge on the screen, you can only
see small potions at a time and I have a large monitor

  Nathalie  Peregrine:please mute your phone line and your AC mike as we are
hearing backgroudn noise

  Nathalie  Peregrine:*4 to mute and *4 to unmute your phone lines

  Marika Konings:@Anne - it works for me using the + sign at the top of Adobe
reader (it zooms in).

  Kiran:I'm having trouble hearing Chuck over whoever hasn't muted their line.

  Nic Steinbach:hearing the same thing Kiran. appears to have been resolved...

  Nathalie  Peregrine:Aparna Sridhar has joined the audio bridge

  EnCirca - Tom Barrett:i was just asked to mute my line.  did this help?

  Marika Konings:@Tom - yes, much better

  Anne Aikman-Scalese:@Marika - yes the plus sign works well but  again you can
only see a portion.  I almost wish we could see it side by side as two pages
with the last three categories - WG Tasks, Charter Questions, and Planned
Timeline on one page.  Perhaps it will not do that.

  Marika Konings:@Anne - yes, unfortunately it is not possible to have it both
- everything on one page and in a big font ;-)

  Amr Elsadr:Was there a doodle poll sent to our list? I seem to have missed
it. I can't find it in my inbox?

  Marika Konings:@Amr - the doodle poll was only for the PI Chairs for a call
with the Council leadership team to discuss GAC engagement

  Amr Elsadr:Ah..., OK. Thnx Marika. I was confused about that. :)

  Kristina Rosette:Letter needs to be updated with date of next WG meeting.

  Kristina Rosette:Letter to Board, that is.

  Nathalie  Peregrine:Olevie Kouami has joined the AC room

  Anne Aikman-Scalese:@Nathalie - is the "Policy versus Implementation Draft
Framework prepared by ICANN staff" something that is in my e-mail inbox?

  Olevie:it took more than 20 mn to be connecteed ouf

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Chuck it would be good to see IF we can try and seek a NON
public Sectio Policy impl. expert? Chuck did yu come accross any in your
research ?  If so can we have a look at their work/papers??

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Anne has her hand up in my screen Chuck

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Agree Tim establishing common understanding of terms is
essential

  Nathalie  Peregrine:Philippe Marano has joined the audio bridge

  Marika test:All these documents are posted on the WG wiki - but I'm also
happy to walk those of you interested through some of those.

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Chuck  I wonder can the mond map have links to the quoted
documents ?  That wouls help IMO

  Anne Aikman-Scalese:@Marika - I think it would be helpful to send to the
whole group linking to all the docs referenced in the mind map

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:saves us all searching them out  and of course in any
reports  we would/could have a 'bibliography' .-)

  Marika Konings:No problem, I can send these around to everyone

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:EARLIER

  Holly Raiche:Agree - earlier

  Amr Elsadr:+1 @Cheryl

  Phil Marano:For the attendance sheet, I am not on the call and apologize for
my tardiness.  I am also covering for Brian Winterfeldt.

  Phil Marano:I meant I am now* on the call.

  Nic Steinbach:Concurrently...Not sure why we can't make the available
documents to everyone and start focusing in sub groups...

  Amr Elsadr:Q: Is the staff discussion paper the same as the PDP improvements
document??

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:either

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:sep or std schedule is fine

  Marika test:The staff discussion paper can be found here:
http://gnso.icann.org/en/correspondence/policy-implementation-framework-08jan13-en.pdf

  Marika test:and is different from the PDP Improvements Paper

  Marika test:Following this call, I'll send out all the documents + links to
the WG

  Holly Raiche:What about two times  - one that suits Asia Pacific time?

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:naa  Holly  we can just build uo Karma  were in the
minority  here and this time is NOT as bad as some ;-)

  Amr Elsadr:Thanks Marika. Could you add the PDP improvements document to the
background documents page on the WG Wiki. I remember it being on the agenda of
the last G-Council meeting, but it would be helpful to have that on our wiki as
well.

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:+1  Michael

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:if they are referenced  we need to review them  IMO Chuck

  Amr Elsadr:The document was discussed during the last G-Council call, and it
is listed on our mindmap.

  Michael R. Graham:Agree -- I think it essential that this WG review the
documents and be conversant in them.  Otherwise, we will not be carrying out
our charter.

  Holly Raiche:That paper would be really useful

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Thanks Mariki  that would be helpful and yes added to both

  Amr Elsadr:I'm fine with that.

  Kristina Rosette:I have a conflict, but assume it will be recorded and I'll
listen/watch.

  Anne Aikman-Scalese:I have a conflict - but it may be the only one.  Please
send me links to all docs in the mind map.  Thank you.

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Would moving the call for next week  forwaed  an hour
help with the clashes ( Holly and I would be happy qith 0600 rather than 0500
hrs  time I'm sure...

  Anne
Aikman-Scalese:http://gnso.icann.org/en/correspondence/policy-implementation-framework-08jan13-en.pdf

  Anne Aikman-Scalese:@Cheryl - it would be great if call could move forward
one hour next week!

  Holly Raiche:I would have to agree with moving the call forward

  Marika test:with forward, you mean later, right?

  Anne Aikman-Scalese:Yes - later

  Marika test:that makes it 22.00 - 23.30 for most participants in Europe

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:indeed  but  if is avoids  clashes  it might be worth it
for the ONCE

  Brian Beckham:I may not be able to make next week, so pls do not factor the
Europe time in for me.

  Amr Elsadr:OK for next week. I might not make so much sense that late in the
evening, though. :)

  Marika Konings:@Amr - as long as people take that into account when I am
presenting as well ;-)

  Amr Elsadr:Marika..., you're always great. I rarely make sense anyway!! :D

  Anne Aikman-Scalese:Thanks very much! One time only request

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:You will be fine Amr   we do it at 0500 miost of the time
;-)

  Marika Konings::-)

  Holly Raiche:To say nothing of 4.35 today

  Nathalie  Peregrine:Apologies Holly and Cheryl for that ridiculously early
dial out!

  Holly Raiche:As they say in Oz, no worries

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:indeed  Holly  where most people had delay getting inti
the call Holly and I were on dial out and that happened 20 mins ahead of start
time...

  Olevie 2:Great Michael

  Michael R. Graham:Thanks, Olevie

  Amr Elsadr:I'm fine with that. :)

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Yes need to get started with thei WT

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:but open to add from list  etc.,  is important...

  Michael R. Graham:Holly and Cheryl -- Do you want to propose a time?

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:One of us can drop if needs  be...  and  Nope  Nathalie
has access to me calendar she can choose to avoid  clashes

  Michael R. Graham:To start with an e-mail from me and a short call next week.

  Holly Raiche:That's fine with me

  Marika Konings:I can circulate a doodle poll - Michael, can you remind me
which timezone you are in?

  Olevie 2:add me in please Michael :-)

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:you now have Olevie

  Olevie 2:yes

  Michael R. Graham:You're added.

  Olevie 2:thaank you

  Amr Elsadr:No concerns as long there will be remote participation.

  Amr Elsadr:..., and what Cheryl said!! :)

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Not the Monday of course ;-)

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Fine with the morning as long as there is coffee

  Marika Konings:We'll do our best!

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Michael  can our WT plan to meet next week as well (even
right after or even before at the hour earlier time?

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:I just want to ge the WT started ASAP ;-)

  Olevie 2:+1@Cheryl

  Marika Konings:After would really make it late for those of us in Europe :-(

  Olevie 2:before is the best moment (Y)

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Thanks  Chuck

  Anne Aikman-Scalese:THank you, Chuck.  Thanks everyone!

  Holly Raiche:Please not before!

  Olevie 2:Thank you Chuck

  Olevie 2:bye

  Amr Elsadr:Thnx. Bye.