ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-policyimpl-wg]

[gnso-policyimpl-wg] Attendance and Recording Policy and Implementation WG meeting - 08 January 2014

  • To: "gnso-policyimpl-wg@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-policyimpl-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-policyimpl-wg] Attendance and Recording Policy and Implementation WG meeting - 08 January 2014
  • From: Nathalie Peregrine <nathalie.peregrine@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2014 13:40:30 -0800

Dear All,

Please note that the next Policy and Implementation Working Group
teleconference is scheduled for Wednesday 22nd January 2014 at 20:00 UTC

Please find the MP3 recording for the Policy and Implementation Working group
call held on Wednesday 08 January 2014 at 20:00 UTC at:

http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-policy-implementation-20140108-en.mp3

 On page:
http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#<http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#may>jan

Calendar page:
http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/

Attendees:
Chuck Gomes – RySG
Philip Marano – IPC
Michael Graham – IPC
Cheryl Langdon-Orr – ALAC
Alan Greenberg – ALAC
J.Scott Evans – BC
Kristine Rosette – IPC
Brian Winterfeldt – IPC
Greg Shatan – IPC
Avri Doria – NCSG
Olevie Kouami – NPOC
Wolf Knoben - ISPCP
Olga Cavalli – GAC
Amr Elsadr – NCUC
James Bladel – RrSG
Klaus Stoll - NPOC
Tom Barrett – RrSG
Jonathan Frost – RySG
Nic Steinbach – RrSG
Marie-Laure Lemineur - NPOC

Apology:
Gideon Rop – Individual

ICANN staff:
Mary Wong
Marika Konings
Nathalie Peregrine

 Wiki page: https://community.icann.org/x/y1V-Ag

Thank you.
Kind regards,
Nathalie Peregrine
For GNSO Secretariat

Adobe Chat Transcript for Wednesday 08 January 2014:

  Marika Konings:Welcome to the Policy & Implementation Working Group meeting
of 8 January 2014

  Olga Cavalli:Hi! Happy New Year!

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:hi and Happy New Year to you as well

  Amr Elsadr:Hi. Dialling in.

  Amr Elsadr:Just joined the call.

  Phil Marano:Hello and Happy New Year.

  J. Scott Evans:I am joining now.

  Amr Elsadr:Happy new year to all.

  Brian Winterfeldt:Happy New Year!  I'm dialing in now too!

  Avri Doria:is it still new year?

  Chuck Gomes:Happy New Year all

  Avri Doria:seems  pretty old already.

  Wolf Knoben:Happy current year!

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:I tend to agree Avri but ...

  Greg Shatan:I have joined as well.

  Nathalie  Peregrine: Nic Steinbach has joined the call

  Nathalie  Peregrine:as has Michael Graham

  Michael R. Graham:Yes I'm here.

  Marika Konings:The wiki has been updated now. Note that on the left hand side
where you see the menu, if you click the > sign, the sub-pages will show up.

  Marika Konings:I think in a previous version the sub-pages in the menu would
come up by default, but it seems that with a recent upgrade this has been
changed.

  Amr Elsadr:Thanks Marika.

  Marika Konings:I've posted Amr's proposal on the right hand side of the AC
room.

  Amr Elsadr:This is the source page where I found the definition:
http://icannwiki.com/index.php/Multistakeholder_Model

  Nathalie  Peregrine:Kristina Rosette has joined the call

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:so Alan how  would youmodify the current text on
implementation then???

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:as we clearly need to discuss

  Alan Greenberg:My preference would be to identify the various possible
"variations" or "flavours" of implementation. But at the least to recognize
that the flavours exist. I could try to draft something if the def'n team
desires.

  Alan Greenberg:"stages" may also ve an appropriate description

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:I believe that your draft would be helpful Alan

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:fair point Chuck I see no downside to  removal of
"immediatly"

  Amr Elsadr:@Alan: +1.

  Michael R. Graham:@Alan -- agree totally that these definitions will either
change or be clarified (hopefully) through this process

  Marie-laure Lemineur:Apologies for the delay in joining the call

  Avri Doria:overloading os single word terms is inevitiable and wee may fin we
need to rely on modifiers: icann implementation vs, Ry implementaton

  Michael R. Graham:@Alan -- would the "dictionary definitions" of
Implementation and Implement not be broad enough to cover the multiple meanings?

  Michael R. Graham:@Avir -- Agree!

  Alan Greenberg:@Avri, that may be one way.

  Amr Elsadr:@Greg: Yes on all counts. Will tweak it to address your concerns.
Thanks.

  Alan Greenberg:@Michael, the dictionary def'n may be broad enough to cover
all meanings, but what we need here is narrow definitions that will provide
clarity and ensure understanding

  Greg Shatan:@Chuck:  Thanks! <blushing>

  Alan Greenberg:All of this reminds me of the previous PDP section of the
Bylaws which if I remember correctly, "initiated" aspecific  PDP at three
distinct times.

  Nathalie  Peregrine:Marie-laure Lemineur has joined the AC room

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:wow short call thanks all...until next time then

  Avri Doria:we meet every 2 weeks?

  Alan Greenberg:Thanks all

  Brian Winterfeldt:Excellent meeting J. Scott!  Thank you.

  Marika Konings:@Avri - yes correct

  Marie-laure Lemineur:thanks all

  Olga Cavalli:thanks!

  Avri Doria:thanks

  Jonathan Frost:Thank you

  Avri Doria:bye

  Amr Elsadr:Thanks everyone. Talk to you in two weeks.

  Bladel:Thanks.