ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-policyimpl-wg]

[gnso-policyimpl-wg] Updated Principles document; next meeting & next steps

  • To: "gnso-policyimpl-wg@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-policyimpl-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-policyimpl-wg] Updated Principles document; next meeting & next steps
  • From: Mary Wong <mary.wong@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2014 14:36:08 -0700

Dear all,

Please find attached an updated version of the Working Principles document,
revised in light of the WG discussions yesterday. For those who were unable
to participate on the call, please note that the discussion picked up from
where the Singapore WG meeting left off, and is currently at the end of
Working Principle C. The attached document has eliminated prior comments for
the principles that were discussed and agreed on yesterday (ie Principles A,
B and C) - if you wish to view the comments and edits from the prior version
(26 March), please refer to the WG wiki, where the version under discussion
yesterday has been posted: https://community.icann.org/x/5TfRAg. This
attached updated version (10 April) will be posted to the wiki for the next
meeting.

PLEASE NOTE: if you are NOT able to attend the next meeting, currently
scheduled for Wednesday 23 April at 1900 UTC, please inform me by email.
Should a substantial number of WG members be unable to attend, the WG Chairs
will consider rescheduling the meeting, possibly to a week prior (i.e.
Wednesday 16 April).

Finally, please note also that after extensive discussion, including at the
meeting yesterday, the WG Chairs have concluded that for the remaining Work
Plan tasks (currently noted in the Work Plan as Deliverables I, II-III and
IV), the WG will tackle them serially instead of forming Sub-Teams. As such,
following the finalization of the Working Principles, the WG will proceed to
discuss Deliverable I. Staff will work with the Chairs to update the Work
Plan as necessary.

Thanks and cheers
Mary

Mary Wong