ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-policyimpl-wg]

[gnso-policyimpl-wg] Attendance and Recording Policy and Implementation WG meeting - 23 April 2014

  • To: "gnso-policyimpl-wg@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-policyimpl-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-policyimpl-wg] Attendance and Recording Policy and Implementation WG meeting - 23 April 2014
  • From: Nathalie Peregrine <nathalie.peregrine@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2014 21:36:33 -0700

Dear All,

Please note that the next Policy and Implementation Working Group
teleconference will be held on Wednesday 30th April 2014 at 1900 UTC.

Please find the MP3 recording for the Policy and Implementation Working group
call held on Wednesday 23 April 2014 at 19:00 UTC at:

http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-policy-implementation-20140423-en.mp3

 On page:

 <http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#may>
http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#apr

Calendar page:

http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/

Attendees:

Chuck Gomes – RySG

J.Scott Evans – BC

Greg Shatan – IPC

Nic Steinbach – RrSG

Cheryl Langdon-Orr – At-Large

Brian Winterfeldt – IPC

James Bladel – RrSG

Apologies:

Wolf-Ullrich Knoben – ISPCP

Olga Cavalli - GAC

Alan Greenberg - ALAC

ICANN staff:

Marika Konings

Mary Wong

Amy Bivins

Nathalie Peregrine

 Wiki page: https://community.icann.org/x/y1V-Ag

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Nathalie Peregrine

Adobe Chat Transcript for Wednesday 23 April 2014:

  Nathalie  Peregrine:Dear all, welcome to the Policy and Implementation
Working Group call on the 23rd April 2014

  J. Scott Evans:dialing in now

  Chuck:Waiting for operator

  Chuck:Thanks Marika for logging in as a participant

  Greg Shatan:Waiting for operator, too.

  Nathalie  Peregrine:J.Scott is on

  Greg Shatan:Speaking to operator.

  Greg Shatan:I'm in.

  Brian J. Winterfeldt:I'm not sure I heard my name but I am here!  :)

  Brian J. Winterfeldt:Thank you.

  Marika Konings:For some reason you only see part of the work plan in AC

  Brian J. Winterfeldt:+1

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:all ok

  Michael R. Graham:in both b and c we have the ""right to challenge whether"
language.  I wonder if this might be revised in both places to  "right to
review whether . . ." and at end of sentences, "and challenge such
updates/changes if identified as having policy implications" or such

  Bladel:I am dialing in....sorry for the delay.

  Bladel:Nathalie - can you ping the operator and ask them to pick up?

  Marika Konings:@James - that option already exists in the current PDP Manual
;-)

  Bladel:Wondering why wasn't it used during implementation of TMCH or other
gTLD changes?

  Marika Konings:From the PDP Manual: ICANN Staff should inform the GNSO of its
proposed implementation of a new GNSO recommendedpolicy. If the proposed
implementation is considered inconsistent with the GNSO
Council’srecommendations, the GNSO Council may notify the Board and request
that the Board review theproposed implementation. Until the Board has
considered the GNSO Council request, ICANN Staffshould refrain from
implementing the policy, although it may continue developing the details of
theproposed implementation while the Board considers the GNSO Council request.

  Bladel:How about:  "In all cases, all material changes must be communicated
to the GNSO Council, which maintains the right to review the changes, determine
whether or not they are supported by tthe intent of the policy recommendations,
and modfiy the implementation accordingly."

  Marika Konings:could we change it to 'any changes' to clarify that in
addition to material changes, the Council can always back to 'any' change?

  Marika Konings:meaning the second 'changes' in that sentence

  Chuck:@ Marika: Your differentiation between b & c makes sense.

  Bladel:Just to be clear==my comments about frustration are NEVer directed at
Policy Staff.  They are my heroes! :)

  Marika Konings::-)))

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:in a clear, coherent and unambiguous way yes @Chuck... but
I can not volunteer this week due to other pressures...

  Bladel:I need to check calendar but may be able to volunteer

  Marika Konings:I'm happy to assist from the staff side

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:bless you (again) @Marika :-) :-) :-)

  Greg Shatan:I can assist but not lead.

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:James???

  J. Scott Evans:If we can have 2 weeks and set up a call for next monday at
noon, I will help.

  Marika Konings:I can get a thread going between Greg, James and I and we can
see where we get before next Wednesday?

  Bladel:Go ahead and put me down on the list and I'll do my best. :)

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:very good if you can @james. yes

  Nic Steinbach:marika can you add me as well?

  Marika Konings:@Nic - noted

  Marika Konings:I can start a thread tomorrow morning (European time) and we
can take it from there?