ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-policyimpl-wg]

[gnso-policyimpl-wg] Attendance and Recording Policy and Implementation WG meeting - 07th May 2014

  • To: "gnso-policyimpl-wg@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-policyimpl-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-policyimpl-wg] Attendance and Recording Policy and Implementation WG meeting - 07th May 2014
  • From: Nathalie Peregrine <nathalie.peregrine@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 May 2014 14:36:16 -0700

Dear All,

The next Policy and Implementation Working Group teleconference is scheduled
for  the Wednesday 14th May 2014 at 1900 UTC for 1,5 hrs.

Please find the MP3 recording for the Policy and Implementation Working
group call held on Wednesday 07th May 2014 at 19:00 UTC at:

http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-policy-implementation-20140507en.mp3

On page:

http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#
<http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#may> may

Calendar page:

http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/

Attendees:

Greg Shatan – IPC

Wolf Knoben - ISPCP

Chuck Gomes – RySG

Alan Greenberg – ALAC

Klaus Stoll - NPOC

Michael Graham – IPC

Olevie Kouami – NPOC

Cheryl Langdon-Orr – At-Large

Avri Doria – NCSG

Anne Aikman- Scalese - IPC

Apologies:

James Bladel – RrSG

J. Scott Evans – BC

ICANN staff:

Marika Konings

Mary Wong

Amy Bivins

Steve Chan

Nathalie Peregrine

 Wiki page: https://community.icann.org/x/y1V-Ag

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Nathalie Peregrine

For GNSO Secretariat

Adobe Chat Transcript for Wednesday 07th May

  Marika Konings:Welcome to the PI WG Meeting of 7 May 2014

  Bladel:Hi Marika & Nathalie

  Nathalie  Peregrine:Hi James

  Bladel:Just popping in because I forgot to send my regrets - I can't be on
the call today. :(

  Nathalie  Peregrine:Thanks so much for notifying us James!

  Bladel:Sorry I didn't do so sooner!

  Nathalie  Peregrine:perfectly on time :)

  Bladel:I'll leave this window up until my next call starts.

  Bladel:thx.

  Mary Wong:Yes thanks, James!

  Marika Konings:Hi James

  Nathalie  Peregrine:Music is from Cheryl;s line

  Alan Greenberg:What elegant background music today!

  Alan Greenberg:Best background music I have heard in a long time.

  Mary Wong:Very balletic and elegant!

  Greg Shatan:They should be playing "Hanging on the Telephone" by
Blondie...

  Chuck:Waiting for operator

  Greg Shatan:I am also waiting for the operator, hence my song
reference....

  Marika Konings:We've alerted the operator

  Greg Shatan:Our hold music is "The best is yet to come."  (Frank Sinatra
with big band, I think) I hope that's true.

  Greg Shatan:I'm in!

  Nathalie  Peregrine:@ Chuck, please refer to the most recent emil
invitation

 Greg Shatan:@Chuck, will do.

  Mary Wong:Yes, Alan has it right.

  Alan Greenberg:Thanks you.

  Alan Greenberg:minus the S

  Alan Greenberg:Not listed in the examples is the RCRC/IOC Drafting Team
that developed the first version of INGO protections.

  Mary Wong:2Alan, see second bullet point under "DOcumentation ...." in
Column 2 :)

  Alan Greenberg:Oops. One extra point to Mary!

  Mary Wong::)

  Marika Konings:YOu could have a standing committee to oversee
implementation efforts?

  Mary Wong:We should probably note here that Column 2 isn't necessarily a
fully comprehensive list; it's a list of recent (2011-present) actions/work
in the GNSO related to policy-type matters that didn't come out of a PDP
(and mostly were responses to Board requests).

  Mary Wong:Or, in relation to e.g. ATRT2, on recommendations that affect
the structure, workings or processes of the GNSO.

  Mary Wong:@Greg, the IRT wasn't a GNSO effort, though. The IPC formed the
group on the express direction of the Board.

  Michael R. Graham:@Mary But how the IRT worked would be very useful -- and
I believe that would be focus.

  Michael R. Graham:10 listed -- 2-3 people on each.

  Mary Wong:@Michael I can provide that background since I was on the IRT :)
.... but IMHO it doesn't fit what this effort is looking at, since it didn't
use any GNSO rules or procedures, and didn't need to consult the Council or
SG/Cs

  Marika Konings:Maybe we can develop a table which we could use to capture
/ analyse the information which may make this effort easier?

  Avri Doria:i like the idea of stuckees who hold the tokens for a task.

  Anne Aikman-Scalese:I like Marika's idea for a table

  Greg Shatan:@Marika -- just saw your note; great minds think alike!  :-)

  Marika Konings::-)

  Michael R. Graham:@Mary Since our Charter is to look at processes that
have been used in ICANN (and beyond, I believe) this would be very useful --
i.e.: What processes have others followed that would be useful model for
GNSO.

  Mary Wong:@Michael, that's true.

  Marika Konings::-)

  Mary Wong:LOL

  Anne Aikman-Scalese:give them more time

  Mary Wong:@Alan we saw the cross first!

  Mary Wong:There was also a public comment forum for defensive
registrations so the SG/Cs may have weighed in separately that way

  Alan Greenberg:@Mary. Just my feeble coordination!

  Marika Konings:We may want to double check whether nothing happened

  Alan Greenberg:@Chuck, based on what has happened recently, we didn't
spend enough time on string similarity in the AG days.

  Olévié:ok

  Olévié:OK. H

  Alan Greenberg:Still here but fading fast!

  Greg Shatan:There was a public comment period on defensive applications at
the top level in Feb 2012, but I checked and did not see one on defensive
registrations at the second level

  Mary Wong:@Greg, you are right. The Public Comment forum was for top
level, and the staff paper on the second level was done after the forum.
Apologies for the earlier mixup!

  Anne Aikman-Scalese:sorry I am in Hong kong next week and must send
regrets

  Nathalie  Peregrine:@ Anne, noted, thank you

  Avri Doria:i cant comment, i skipped too many.

  Mary Wong:Sure thing, Chuck.

  Anne Aikman-Scalese:Thanks Chuck and staff!

  Olévié:Nothing to say.

  Olévié:I'm  following up

  Olévié:thank you

  Olévié:Bye