ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-policyimpl-wg]

[gnso-policyimpl-wg] Attendance and Recording Policy and Implementation WG meeting - 28 May 2014

  • To: "gnso-policyimpl-wg@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-policyimpl-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-policyimpl-wg] Attendance and Recording Policy and Implementation WG meeting - 28 May 2014
  • From: Terri Agnew <terri.agnew@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 May 2014 16:59:47 -0700

Dear All,

The next Policy and Implementation Working Group teleconference is scheduled
for  in two weeks' time on Wednesday 11h June 2014 at 1900 UTC for 1.5 hrs.

Please find the MP3 recording for the Policy and Implementation Working
group call held on Wednesday 28th May 2014 at 19:00 UTC at:

 <http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-policy-implementation-20140528en.mp3>
http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-policy-implementation-20140528en.mp3

On page:

 <http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#may>
http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#may

Calendar page:

 <http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/> http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/

Attendees:

Greg Shatan - IPC

Chuck Gomes - RySG

Alan Greenberg - ALAC

Olevie Kouami - NPOC

Nic Steinbach - RrSG

Jonathan Frost -RySG

Klaus Stoll - NPOC

J Scott Evans - BC

James Bladel - RrSG

Wolf Knoben - ISPCP

Michael Graham - IPC

Apologies:

Cheryl Langdon-Orr - At-Large

Kristina Rosette - IPC

Olga Cavalli - GAC

ICANN staff:

Marika Konings

Mary Wong

Steve Chan

Terri Agnew

 Wiki page:  <https://community.icann.org/x/y1V-Ag>
https://community.icann.org/x/y1V-Ag

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Terri Agnew

For GNSO Secretariat

Adobe Chat Transcript for Wednesday 28th May

     Marika Konings:Welcome to the Policy & Implementation WG Meeting of 28
May 2014

  Bladel:What is the "title" of this conference?

  Marika Guest:policy implementation

  Bladel:Trying to dial in....

  Alan Greenberg:Got in real quick this time!

  Terri Agnew:Nic Steinbach has joined

  Terri Agnew:Greg Shatan has joined

  Chuck Gomes:Sorry for being late.

  Marika Guest:Red = Alan, Green = Chuck

  Terri Agnew:I have added you to attendance Chuck

  Alan Greenberg:Must admit that those comments were first pass. Really need
to do more.

  Terri Agnew:Michael Graham has joined

  Alan Greenberg:And it should be pointed out that Mary, as an NCUC member,
a group that STRONGLY objected to the IRT Recs, was really demonized in the
process.

  Mary Wong:@Alan, thanks :)

  Mary Wong:(it was quite an experience!)

  Alan Greenberg:I should ssay, unfairly demonized. And because of this, her
statements about complomises being made were largely discounted.

  Michael R. Graham:in re: STI -- was the threatened implementation the
implementation of IRT as stands?

  Marika Konings:We are happy to comply ;-)

  Marika Konings:Please do let me know if I'm missing anything or
misrepresenting your comments

  Marika Konings:as I add notes to the document as well as in the pod on the
right handside

  Terri Agnew:Wolf Knoben has joined

  Olevie:ouf !

  Olevie:hi !!!

  Olevie:sometimes it's really hard to join the meeting

  Mary Wong:The Board resolution authorizing initial top level protections
for IOC and RC names reads in part: "incorporation of text concerning
protection for specific requested Red Cross and IOC names for the top level
only during the initial application round, until the GNSO and GAC develop
policy advice based on the global public interest."

  Bladel:Apologies, but I need to drop at the top of the hour.

  Greg Shatan:@Alan - I would tend to agree

  Mary Wong:It's important to distinguish between the RC-IOC DT and the IGO
INGO WG - they were both created in very different circumstances.

  Mary Wong:Where the DT was formed as a GNSO Council idea after the notion
of collaboration with the GAC on the issue wouldn't work, the WG was created
after thre had been an Issue Report, public comment, Board correspondence
etc.

  Olevie:Please who is speaking now ?

  Terri Agnew:J Scott

  Jonathan Frost:abstain

  Olevie:OK

  Michael R. Graham:I do note that it may be an opportunity to have Cheryl
join discussion, as well.

  Michael R. Graham:And perhaps others unable to attend regularly scheduled
meetings.

  Olevie:Thanks

  Mary Wong:AFRALO is having its call

  Michael R. Graham:Can someone/someones take up task of jotting down draft
"answers" to questions?

  Greg Shatan:I will do a better job for next time!

  Marika Konings:We'll also need to discuss the agenda for London