ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-policyimpl-wg]

[gnso-policyimpl-wg] For your review - updated Deliverable I-A Review Chart & info next meeting

  • To: "gnso-policyimpl-wg@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-policyimpl-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-policyimpl-wg] For your review - updated Deliverable I-A Review Chart & info next meeting
  • From: Marika Konings <marika.konings@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2014 09:14:33 -0700

Dear All,

Following our F2F meeting in London, please find attached the updated
Deliverable I-A Review Chart for your review. This version includes our
notes from the meeting as well as a new column for the NGPC request
concerning the outstanding IGO/INGO PDP recommendations. I believe someone
also suggested to add the EWG, but as that is specifically part of a PDP and
there is currently no separate request for GNSO Council input, I'm not sure
how exactly to reflect this in the chart which focuses on requests for
input/advice outside of the existing PDP process (which may not make the
outstanding IGO/INGO PDP recommendations a good candidate either as the
provision the Council is considering invoking is part of the existing PDP ­
see provision below as requested).

Feel free to share any comments / edits you may have with the list. Please
note that it was also decided to go back to a weekly meeting of 60 minutes
from next week onwards (the next meeting will be scheduled for Wednesday 9
July at 19.00 UTC).

Best regards,

Marika

Section 16 of the GNSO PDP Manual

16. Amendments or Modifications of Approved Policies

Approved GNSO Council policies may be modified or amended by the GNSO
Council at any time prior to the final approval by the ICANN Board as
follows:

1. The PDP Team is reconvened or, if disbanded, reformed, and should be
consulted with regards to the proposed amendments or modifications;

2. The proposed amendments or modifications are posted for public comment
for not less than thirty (30) days;

3. The GNSO Council approves of such amendments or modifications with a
Supermajority Vote of both Houses in favour.

Approved GNSO Council policies that have been adopted by the ICANN Board and
have been implemented by ICANN Staff may only be amended by the initiation
of a new PDP on the issue.